PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg 500 Vs H&R Partner Pump

Tuckahoe
04-22-2008, 04:54 AM
I went to Dicks last week looking for a pump shotgun. I was intent on buying a Mossberg 500 special with three choke tubes entire package was priced $239. I had the clerk hand me the mossberg the fore end was so loose it felt like it was falling apart. I asked to see another one and it was the same. The slide felt like it had an inch of wobble from side to side. I checked out a third and it was like the other two. Hmmm I remember the mossbergs being a little loose but never this bad. Then another shotgun caught my eye. It was an H&R Partner Pump with a nice set of oak stocks flat black finish on the metal and a $179 price tag. I asked to see it and found it was a little more heavy than the mosseburg but felt 100% better. I took it home and ran a couple of boxes through her. It started out a little stiff but broke in nice. It came with a modified choke tube and others are available. I am very happy with it. I know it is made in China but it beat the Mossburg hands down and in my opinion was a better value.