PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for my uncle & aunt

sissy
08-12-2010, 02:56 AM
My uncle just had back surgery a few days ago, & his wife just had all her toes on one foot removed due to diabetes today. Please pray for healing for them both. And pray for him to have peace. He can't spend time with her in the hospital due to his back.
Thank you for your prayers.
sissy

Grizzy
08-12-2010, 05:36 AM
Bless their hearts, Sissy... Yeas will hold them in my heart an lift em up in prayer. This must be such a sad time to both of them.. an to you.

You have your hands full right now.. I hope you know how to set all the troubles of the world aside each day and jus take time to visit with the Lord an talk to him like a lil child... telling hiw what ya saw that day that was beautiful.. an then gently take the ones to Him as you ask for their needs to be met.

You're as important as anyone is. Right now, you're an Instrument being used.. and that's quite beautiful :) ...

Warm Bearhugs
~Grizzy~

Grizzy
08-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Sissy am still praying for you and your family.. God Bless and Keep ya'll.

Be Strong
~Grizzy~

Gracie
08-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Sissy, Am offering up prayers for your dear aunt, uncle and your family.

God Bless and Keep Y'all,

Gracie

sissy
08-18-2010, 06:50 AM
Thank you all for the prayers, I'm so thankful to have ya'll praying with me. I will try to get a update soon.
sissy

sissy
08-18-2010, 11:11 PM
They are both home now, & he is trying to take care of her. They are having someone come in to help.
This is from the oldest aunt, which keeps in touch with me. She calls to keep me updated & ask for prayer request. And sometimes just to talk. She has asked for prayer for her & her husband. The both have health problems & he is being verbally mean to her. She ask for strength. Please keep her in your prayers also.
Thank you all for praying with me.
sissy

Gracie
08-19-2010, 12:12 AM
Sissy, Am so happy for you and your family, that both your Aunt and Uncle are home and that they have someone coming in to help them. You mentioning, "he is trying to take care of her", reminds me of part of the marriage vows, 'in sickness and in health'. To see a spouse caring for their other half, is a small glimpse into others lives that have always appreciated and been thankful for:).

Then there is the 'in sickness and health' from the perspective of a husband who has worked hard all his life, but age and ailments keep him from his 'usual routines' as the man of the house. It's no wonder that he gets frustrated, and the only person he has to verbalize his frustrations to, is his wife. It is a hurtful time for both, he more than likely doesn't mean to be mean, but his world is turned topsy turvy, and how is he to cope. This is so very painful for his wife, who is in the same situation, but perhaps coping better than he is. I don't know if this is the case with your other Aunt and Uncle, but have seen this first hand. The couple this occurred to, because of all their years of ups and downs both weathered this storm too, by loving and caring for each other as they had always done and the Grace of God. They both have long since passed on, but having known of them, have to say their love and marriage did stand the test of time. They were good people, they just encountered bumps along the road of life, as everyone does.

I will continue to pray for continued healing, and healing for both your Aunts and Uncles.

Gracie

Grizzy
08-19-2010, 12:57 AM
Sissy.. the older aunt whose husband is being verbally abusive.. I wonder if they are at the age where his mind might be going on him. His behavior is an early telltale symptom of Alzheimers (sp?).

There is no stage in life when it's easier for anyone to struggle with health issues or for us to observe them struggling. Life is so fragile. The best we can hope for is to have love and support down here on this earth while God supplies our needs, strength and grace.

I cannot imagine how precious it must be.. to have a marriage so beautiful as what I have heard here. I will keep these folks in my prayers. God Bless You, Sissy.

Gracie.. thank you, your words touched my heart.

Be Strong
~Grizzy~

sissy
08-19-2010, 01:00 AM
Thanks Gracie, I know what you mean as far as the husband & wife thing, we do tend to take it out on the ones we love the most. I'm not sure the one uncle is at peace with God. (the one being hateful) She thinks he may be getting dementia, it runs in his family. Thanks for praying for them all.
sissy

sissy
08-19-2010, 01:11 AM
Thank you Grizzy, we were typing at the same time. Your faster. The one uncle is a very fine Christian & loves his wife very much, from what I can tell. And the other uncle I just don't know. She has always been the one that always took care of everything. The caregiver. Now she just is not able to do what she use to. Pray has been answered though, A very good friend of hers sent her son over to fix her roof that was leaking, & paid for it. My aunt wants to pay her back, even if it's a little at a time.
God is good.
Thank you both so much. You just don't know what it means to me. Well better get back to canning my mater juice.
sissy

sissy
08-27-2010, 02:48 AM
Update on the uncle & aunt who had back surgery & toes amputated, They are both home & have someone come every other day to redress aunts foot. They are trying to get more help to come in to help take care of some of their needs. I don't know how that will work out. Need to pray on that one.
Update on the oldest aunt & her husband. She took him to the Dr. today & he has three aneurysms, They are trying to set up surgery with a VA hospital. Their son really don't want to help much. She don't know what to do about their son. Her car is not running good, we prayed for it to get them to & from the Dr. today. God did!!! Hubby is still grumpy with her, telling her she don't love him. She tries to reassure him.
So prayers are still needed.
Talked to step mom today daddy has to have surgery on a stooped up tear duct, other wise they are doing fine.
Thank you all for the prayers & concerns for me & mine.
sissy

Grizzy
08-27-2010, 04:51 AM
Well Sissy, God opens doors and closes doors. We'll just pray that someone's heart will be touched enough to walk thru a door to be of some help to these dear ones. I'm so happy to hear your aunt has someone to come change her dressings. Bless their hearts..

Regarding the older aunt and her husband.. poor thing, he doesn't feel well. That would alter anyone's behavior to some degree. He probably is frightened now, too, over what the drs. had to say..

The tear duct doesn't sound too serious but any kind of eye surgery is no fun. All of these things we'll cover with prayer.. and for You to be strong and able to deal with these things, too.

God Bless You, Sissy
Be Strong
~Grizzy~

Gracie
08-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Sissy, Good to hear your Aunt has someone to do her foot care for her and also hope and pray they find some one to help them with their daily activity needs, sure isn't easy to be under the weather and still try to keep everything indoors and outdoors done...and is the last thing your Aunty should be doing for now.

In your other Aunt and Uncles community, do they by chance know of any church organizations that take folks to appointments...do know some do have volunteers who do just this...maybe would be worth checking out.Your Uncle with the 3 aneurysms must be so frightened about his future. Bless his heart, he must be doing his best to keep on keeping on.

And your Father with the clogged tear tear duct...I hope he breezes through surgery, and is quickly on the mend.

You and your family will remain in my prayers, till things get better for them!

God Bless and Keep You and Your Dear Family!

Gracie

sissy
09-15-2010, 01:47 AM
The Aunt & uncle that had foot removed & back surgery are doing better, he has learned to do for her what she needs done & the son is helping. Thank You Lord.

The other Aunt & their son took her husband to the V.A. hospital Friday, they punt in one stint & keep him over night. They pick him up Saturday & was told he had phenomena &to get antibiotic form his normal Dr. He says he feels better. He also ask her to pray with him the other night. He is still hateful with her.

Thank you all for praying for them. We all appreciate it.
sissy

Grizzy
09-15-2010, 11:32 AM
The Aunt & uncle that had foot removed & back surgery are doing better, he has learned to do for her what she needs done & the son is helping. Thank You Lord.

The other Aunt & their son took her husband to the V.A. hospital Friday, they punt in one stint & keep him over night. They pick him up Saturday & was told he had phenomena &to get antibiotic form his normal Dr. He says he feels better. He also ask her to pray with him the other night. He is still hateful with her.

Thank you all for praying for them. We all appreciate it.
sissy

God sees to our needs and helps us.. am so happy for the son who has compassion for his parents and has come to help them... Thank You, Lord.

The gentleman who asked for prayer.. may be cranky. But he is reaching out.. and am going to be praying that God continues to touch his body with healing. I hope this man has a hunger for God that leads to salvation. Then we will see a man who has been broken and found grace and is a new creature... Wow what a praise report that would be! Let's pray for it, sissy! God bless You, for holding these loved ones up.

Be Strong
~Grizzy~

sissy
09-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks Grizzy,
and am going to be praying that God continues to touch his body with healing. I hope this man has a hunger for God that leads to salvation. Then we will see a man who has been broken and found grace and is a new creature... Wow what a praise report that would be! Let's pray for it, sissy!

Yes I'm in agreement for his healing & above all his salvation.
Thank You Lord, Amen

sissy

Gracie
09-16-2010, 12:11 AM
Oh dear Sissy, the need for the stint, might well be a part of the attitude towards your Aunt. If your Uncle is not getting adequate oxygenated blood flow to the brain, that could well be what is causing what almost seems like a personality change. His being post-op from stint placement, and now has pneumonia...I can't believe they discharged him for the VA, in his precarious health dilemma. I pray that your Uncles regular Doctor prescribes antibiotics that will quickly resolve the pneumonia, so it has little, and preferably no effect upon the new stint procedure. Sissy, what little I know, prompts me to pray fervently for a medical healing, for your dear Uncle, first and foremost. God willing, he will survive the stint insertion and pneumonia, and then by the Grace of God, live long days, thankful for the Good Wife he has. Please, Sissy, keep us updated on how your Uncle is progressing.

sissy
09-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Thank you Gracie, I will
sissy

sissy
10-17-2010, 11:54 PM
I come to you all & ask for prayer for my Aunts & Uncles

The uncle with the back surgery has to have more surgery done & needs to stay flat after the next surgery. His wife had part of her foot removed & does not want to do rehab.

Father God I ask that you touch this family & heal them. You know what they need Father God. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

The other Uncle is doing better. His wife has been in a lot of pain lately, her shoulders have locked up due to arthritis, & the cortisone shots are not helping.

I praise You Father God for what You have done already. I ask that You touch my Aunt and take away the pain. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Thank you all for helping me to pray for my family.
May God bless all.
sissy

Grizzy
10-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Oh Father of creation.. there is none higher than you. We come into your presence with praise and thanksgiving.. knowing that whatever you allow in our lives.. it will be used for goodness in the lives of your little ones.

Father, this back and this foot and the shoulders of sissy's loved ones are sick. Please Lord, we ask for mercy in these lives.. and healing. Praises Glory and Honor to Thy name! You are and will always be the one true living God we serve and adore. Help us, Lord, to understand what you would have from us in our lives. Draw us closer.. Thank you for loving us, Father. Please comfort and encourage these dear souls by thy Holy Spirit and we thank you even now that your eye is upon them.
in Jesus name,
Amen