PDA

View Full Version : cost of a pond

beetle_docI
01-19-2011, 08:52 PM
I know there are a lot of variables but I am just trying to determine if this is something I might be able to do in the future. Anyone know a ballpark figure for digging and stocking a half to one acre pond?

grumble
01-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Depending on your variables, it can cost a little bit to a whole lot.

mozarkian
01-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Round here, used crawlers, loaders etc, are cheap enough that you can buy a decent (but maybe ugly) use it for a year to do the work, then resell it when you finish for about what you gave for it. Maybe an option if you can run (and service) the equipment and have a little knowledge on how to do what you want to do.

Kage
01-23-2011, 03:29 AM
its dependant on your area...but you can prob figure $5k to $15k minimum...if you can find a dirt contractor that will do it for the dirt...then its much cheaper..if not free......i hired a farm laser leveling guy that didnt have any farm land to level and was idle and he dug mine with a 21 yard scraper...i got a half acre pond, avg depth 8-10ft...450ft driveway, .8 acre housepad...and rest of property lasered(5 acres) for $4.5K+...i then brought in a dozer to do final dress up for another $1700