PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Methods To Purify Water

agringo4u
08-05-2011, 07:08 PM
If you ever have a situation where you are suddenly without safe drinking water for any amount of time at all you have a big problem. The body can only last for 5 or 6 days without water even for the healthiest among us. Less for children and the elderly.
If you do not have some knowledge about water purification you should learn it. You never know when it may save your life. Everyone knows you can boil water, but there can be contaminates that boiling doesn't take care of. For anyone interested, here is a site that is full of emergency methods for purifying water.
www.emergencywaterpurification.com

Guest01
08-07-2011, 08:27 PM
What's a decent price for those water purification tablets? Are the ones at Walmart (the article said they can be found there) as good of quality as any I'd find in say, an army surplus store?

Guest01
08-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Nevermind, I found an awesome thread on it :)

Andersw
01-23-2012, 05:22 PM
In reading that it said to add more drops of chlorine bleach if the water doesn't smell or taste of chlorine. So at what point would chlorine bleach be unhealthy or dangerous to one's health? I would think that I would get sick drinking water with a chlorine smell to it.

Catalpa
01-24-2012, 12:59 AM
Here's some information: http://www.cdc.gov/safewater/publications_pages/chlorineresidual.pdf

If you let the water sit for a while before drinking the smell will dissipate.

Michael32170
02-09-2012, 03:53 PM
In reading that it said to add more drops of chlorine bleach if the water doesn't smell or taste of chlorine. So at what point would chlorine bleach be unhealthy or dangerous to one's health? I would think that I would get sick drinking water with a chlorine smell to it.

At one time, Clorox published that information. Check their webpage or read their bottle.