PDA

View Full Version : Are Cherries Really Good For Pain and Arthritis

agringo4u
10-14-2011, 09:56 PM
I have seen a lot of claims saying cherries, cherry juice and cherry concentrates have a lot of health benefits. They are even making cherry pills now and selling them in the health food stores. Has anyone out there actually tried them. Here is some information for anyone interested.
http://www.cherrieshealthbenefits.com (http://www.cherrieshealthbenefits.com/)

momma_to_seven_chi
10-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Cherries have an anti-inflammatory chemical in them which is why they help any inflammatory condition. Cherry Juice is really good for arthritis.

Junie
10-23-2011, 07:10 PM
I have gout in one foot and have tried several types of cherries and cherry juice concentrate when I have flare-ups. The juice did no good for me, but the canned cherries did. Cherry pie filling helped the most. Go figure.

momma_to_seven_chi
10-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Junie, you might try some distilled water for gout too. It helps to clear the uric acid from your system, and it also helps clear kidney stones for the same reason. Gout and kidney stones are just deposits of uric acid.

MOSNKSCJS
10-24-2011, 01:00 PM
The dark red tart cherries work wonders for my knees.

I have knee problems from year of playing sports, fighting fires, and in the past few years being overweight.

If I regularly eat the dark red tart cherries I have very little swelling and pain. I find that eating them regularly works better for controlling swelling and pain better than ibuprofen.

Works for me anyway, your mileage may vary. :D

Junie
10-25-2011, 12:14 AM
Junie, you might try some distilled water for gout too. It helps to clear the uric acid from your system, and it also helps clear kidney stones for the same reason. Gout and kidney stones are just deposits of uric acid.
Thanks! I'll pick some up when I shop this week. I love simple ways to prevent flare-ups. How much simpler can you get than water?

Jan
10-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Tart Cherries is the answer. We buy the tart concentrate for my husband who has arthritis/RH. We have picked it up at an orchard, and Kroger does carry it if you have one near. He takes a tablespoon each morning. It really does help.