PDA

View Full Version : New Water Filtration System

Dawn
02-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Hi all,

My brother recently turned me on to these water filtration bottles/cans. They have three filters and are supposed to filter out viruses too. They also last ALONG time. I love the idea because if you need to bug out for whatever reason, these are a grab and run type system unlike the Berkey systems. The Media page has some videos also.

http://www.lifesaverusa.com/

Would love to hear thoughts on this as they aren't cheap. I'm more attracted to the jerrycan but the bottles sure look good if you do a lot of hiking or hunting.

papitohead
02-01-2013, 07:22 PM
I find this interesting because I worked 27 years for Pall Life Sciences and the game there is filtration and separation. By far #1 filter maker in the world.

I filter my water in three stages and then the drinking and cooking water we have a distiller.

.015 microns is a super tight medium having a very high Delta P. In other words, will clog in no time and specially if the water has calcium. It can be unclog with a reverse flow, but there will be a problem. What will you use for the reverse flow? If going to blow with air, then it needs to be filtered air, and you must know what pressure to use so you do not damage the medium.

Another thing that would be good to find out if they are ISO9000 certified. That counts a lot, and they must tell the truth in their advertising.

Blessings

Mad_Professor
02-02-2013, 12:19 AM
For bug out use these:

http://www.sawyer.com/tech-water.html

Dawn
02-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Thanks you two, I appreciate the feedback.

Papitohead, I think I may write to that company just out of curiosity. If I get a response, I'll post it here.

Mad Professor, I like the price tag on your recommendation. I noticed however that they advertise a Point Zero Two personal water bottle but they don't sell it. I'll have to write to find out why. For the money, the bucket system seems like the way to go. Do you use any of their systems?

Thanks again.

DavidOH
02-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Not new to me. I've seen them months ago. The appear to be well made and effective. A little pricey, but illness would come at a much higher cost if you needed clean water.

Manufacturer/Inventors are getting better at removing viruses.
Keep the pre-filter clean and they should have a longer life.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep watch on these.