PDA

View Full Version : Log jamb breaking-Primers?

hunter63
06-03-2009, 12:16 AM
New neighbor next door drive for Fed-Ex, and is into range shooting, so reloads a lot.

He has been delivering a lot of powder and primers lately.
His suggestion was to put in a standing order , I went thru Cabelas, about two weeks ago.

Started getting the order, powder, H-110 today, supposed to be the rest following shortly.

If they are gonna ship everything separately, gonna cost them quite a bit for shipping.

WRTN
06-03-2009, 01:43 PM
This is pretty much what I did. The backorder wait time can be pretty long.......as much as 6 months or more but it is worth it.

Cabelas is VERY expensive on their powder and primers. They have great customer service and occasionally have some GREAT bargain is the Bargain Cave.

Tim Horton
06-03-2009, 03:03 PM
This is how I have been "using" Cabelas........

Have the credit card through them. You get "Cabelas Bucks" for the money you spend on the card. I use the card for everything I can (keeping a close watch on the balance) and use the bonus money for things I can use from Cabelas.

Agree.... A lot of my shopping has been at the "bargain cave"

Besides, it is cheap entertainment to go and browse, have a cup of coffee, and compare prices.

Enjoy
Wyo

High_Desert
06-03-2009, 08:13 PM
I know all the local stores now have the guns in stock that were so hard for them to get. ( medium frame handguns and black rifles)

I think powder will free up next and primers and .22 ammo last.

Glad your getting what you need.
HD

MrGreenJeans
06-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Bought a green dot for my 10-22 today and some ammo 7.62x39 7$ a box. Plenty of primer,s and ammo. Rack,s full of any firearm you would want. Price,s are up a little on most everything but it,s there. 30-06 23$ a box. This local shop has treated folk,s right. They are just making a living but still not breaking it off in everyone. Two other store,s are closer but jumped on the bend ya over wagon. I will drive the extra 20 mile,s from now on even after price,s smooth out a bit.

kawalekm
06-06-2009, 12:18 PM
I was low on .30 carbine that I haven't developed a load for yet, so I wanted to buy a box or two of factory ammo for shooting during the Memorial Day weekend. When I walked into my local gun shop I was stunned! The entire commercial ammo shelf was empty. I mean EMPTY! It was two of those 10 foot wide four level shelves a foot deep. That's 80 square feet of space they alot to ammo that had nothing on it. After wandering around for a few minutes I saw 6 boxes of .25 auto and 3-4 of .44 magnum. I didn't realize the shortages were that bad until I saw it myself.

I least I had stocked up in January, before the inauguration, so I have thousands of extra primers and lbs of powder. I whipped up a starting load of 9.5 grains of H110 and Lyman's 130 grain lead bullet and that cycled the action just fine and looks like a good starting load. I'm so glad I can make my own lead bullets!
Michael