PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Help

ironmonger
08-14-2013, 09:22 PM
I have obtained a Lyman Accu Measure... unfortunately it came without any of the rotors.
If any of you have one of these I would appreciate some dimensions so that I can build some for myself.

If anyone has any for sale or knows where some are that would be a big help as well.
I can build a rotor that fits the housing but I would like to conform to the Lyman rotors to keep the loads and information the same as the factory rotors.

There is a price to be paid for being stubborn enough to resurrect this old tool.... I like old...

paul

ejnovinsky
08-17-2013, 07:41 AM
Im not sure if this will help you or not, but here you go.....

http://55project.com/images/AccMea-RotorChart.gif

ironmonger
08-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the link EJ.
I have since received the Accu Measure that I bought on fleabay, and while it was advertised with no rotors it in fact came with three. I have contacted Lyman and they are supposed to send me some data on the rotors. If they don't come up with the info I need, at least I have the dimensions of my rotors. Now all I have to do is drag out Autocad and draw up the cylinders to calculate the hole volumes in the rotors... those holes have a cone for the bottom and the other end a cylindrical section... I may get close or just opt for empirical solution if the math starts giving me a headache.

paul

hunter63
08-27-2013, 01:37 PM
I was gonna suggest contacting Lyman, sounds like you have the covered.
Making something old and in trouble work again is also something I like to do....as well.
Good luck.