PDA

View Full Version : water purification

offgridbob
10-25-2013, 03:19 AM
The other day some new neighbor homesteaders invited me down to see their new water purification canister and water bottle. It claims to take out everything even radiation. I can't remember the name of it but I do know it was not a Berkly. The water bottle was just like the ones you see joggers and walkers use. You have to squeeze and suck the water through a stem. That must have been a tight filter because it was all I could do to squeeze as hard as I could and suck until my lips turned blue when just a little water would come out. A person would die of dehydration before you could get enough water out to survive.:lol:

Txanne
10-26-2013, 12:43 PM
The other day some new neighbor homesteaders invited me down to see their new water purification canister and water bottle. It claims to take out everything even radiation. I can't remember the name of it but I do know it was not a Berkly. The water bottle was just like the ones you see joggers and walkers use. You have to squeeze and suck the water through a stem. That must have been a tight filter because it was all I could do to squeeze as hard as I could and suck until my lips turned blue when just a little water would come out. A person would die of dehydration before you could get enough water out to survive.:lol:

I just gotta say it--your sucker needs new gaskets or sumpin---:D:
Annie ROTF LMBO--imagining --what a sight that must have been. GIGGLE

billygoatgruff
11-13-2013, 12:43 AM
Bob, I suspect you were sucking on a ceramic filter... Makes eating a green persimmon seem like child's play in my opinion. Could be wrong tho.

Pressure makes the water go faster through the filter at the expense of more maintenance / shorter lifetime of the filter.

Just remembered the old clay pot filtration thingie from my formative years while looking at old threads (and teasing MoF elsewhere... lol) so thought I'd offer a link. This is what the Berkeys do although I doubt clay is what their filter elements are made of. Well, high tech "clay" maybe. lol

A link to what I found as you seem interested in this sort of info. The links on the right side are further explanation. Enjoy, k?

http://www.clean-water-for-laymen.com/clean-water-technology.html

John