PDA

View Full Version : Water well drilling machine???

eddiebo
04-08-2014, 09:52 PM
Anyone know of an affordable portable rig that will drill a 100ft or deeper well? I owned a DeepRock rig in the past but find they have jumped considerably in price. Any suggestions on another brand that's less expensive?

CarolAnn
04-15-2014, 01:16 PM
eddiebo -
My dad used a ground pounder 50 years ago, and it was old then. I wouldn't be surprised if it was still being used somewhere. So my first suggestion would be to look for used equipment in your area or on the internet.

Have you considered renting a well drilling rig? If you're not going into the business of drilling for others, seems like that would be the way to go. I wouldn't have thought of this, but when I started the Google search, "for rent" came up as an option for the search. That tells me either there are some, or a lot of people are looking to rent, which means there's a market there.

Here's a site that came up when I Googled it: http://howtodrillawell.com/contact_us.php

Not sure if there's anything there that would be helpful to you (and they're selling, not renting!) - but more info is usually better than less.

Sugarfoot
04-20-2014, 07:35 PM
Thanks CarolAnn, that link was very helpful to me.