PDA

View Full Version : RIP Mr. James Garner aka Mr. Rockford

OzarksLady
07-20-2014, 04:48 PM
Loved this man.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/actor-james-garner-86-found-dead-los-angeles-112007904.html

Txanne
07-20-2014, 06:02 PM
I loved his movies and watched re-runs of Maverick everyday.

Did anyone else notice he was a very gentle actor and didnt get famous for how nasty or how many cuss words he could get in a sentence?

He will be missed.A classy man indeed.

Venture
07-20-2014, 10:40 PM
He was a great actor and I really hated to hear of him passing. CNN has a good article on him that I read this morning.

It really makes me sad.

Icu4dzs
08-07-2014, 07:04 PM
I always liked his characters. He did good people doing good things. Kind of a style he seemed to develop.
What I found interesting in that video was a photo of him (seems that he got really overweight at one point) but if you look closely at the suit lapel he is wearing you will see the "Combat infantry badge" on it. I never knew he'd been in combat as a young man but then that seems to be what we all did as young men. I was pleased to know that. It makes his memory even more special.

OzarksLady
08-07-2014, 09:28 PM
Venture, yes I agree. He was pretty special.

I always liked his characters. He did good people doing good things. Kind of a style he seemed to develop.
What I found interesting in that video was a photo of him (seems that he got really overweight at one point) but if you look closely at the suit lapel he is wearing you will see the "Combat infantry badge" on it. I never knew he'd been in combat as a young man but then that seems to be what we all did as young men. I was pleased to know that. It makes his memory even more special.

Icu4odzs, like a lot of us old people he may have had to use drugs that added to the weight. As much as I hate it, everything falls except my arches. :o

hillbilly79
09-22-2014, 11:55 PM
WOW !!!!! :eek: I must of been hiding under a rock. This is first news to me. What a shame,,,he was a great actor and he will be greatly missed.--- R.I.P.-------

MissouriFree
10-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Dating myself but to me his is AKA Bret Maverick .