BHM Forum

BHM Forum (http://www.backwoodshome.com/forum/vb/index.php)
-   Books/Poetry/Member Fiction (http://www.backwoodshome.com/forum/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   what are your reading now ........?? (http://www.backwoodshome.com/forum/vb/showthread.php?t=13294)

nhlivefreeordie 11-23-2009 02:23 PM

[QUOTE=willgate;180703]American Revolution by Dr. Ron Paul. Outstanding book by a critical thinker.

Just finished Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell. Every American should read this book.[/QUOTE]

Lone Survivor is a great read, should be read by everyone I agree.

Just finished Sarah Palin's book " Going Rogue " excellent book, this woman gets my vote for president, the left is terrified of her, and she doesn't give a rip. I see another Reagan in her, she will be a great leader for our country.

Kyhome 02-08-2010 12:29 AM

Just finished reading Better Off. Flipping the switch on technology.
Written by Eric Brende
It was a interesting read and I enjoyed it.

MissouriFree 02-08-2010 08:21 PM

[QUOTE=Jared;182715]I just finished Every Knee Shall Bow, about Ruby Ridge and the fiasco that happened there between the gov't and Randy Weaver, et al. It was a good book, I thought. I've considered reading Lone Survivor next, but my To Read list is so long already, I should probably get started on that instead of something new.
Jared[/QUOTE]

Jared<
you need to put [i]Unintended Consequences[/i] by John Ross on your reading list and [I]Waco-Rules of Engagement [/I] on your viewing list. same thugs all the way around
mofree

Teg 05-20-2010 11:25 PM

Just finished the first 2 books in Patrick McManus' Sheriff Bo Tully Mystery's, nice light reads, and I have always enjoyed his writings from Outdoor Life and his short story books.

Currently reading "The First Mountain Man" by William Johnstone

Bondo 05-25-2010 04:06 PM

Just started into Alas, Babylon. Not sure where I am going to next. I guess I have a thing for Post Apocalyptic fiction.

I absolutely love threads like this. I find so many great new reads this way.

Teg 05-25-2010 07:34 PM

Haven't read that one, I used to read the Out of the Ashes series and the Deathlands series when I was younger, both excellent action packed, fast paced reads. :)

dearg 06-01-2010 02:11 PM

Just finished Anthem and We the Living by Ayn Rand, read them many years ago and really didn't let them sink in. Now that I have read We the Living it is incredible and in a way very prophetic IMHO.

Need to read Alas, Babylon again too.

sinzitu 06-01-2010 03:24 PM

I'm reading The House on the Borderland by William Hope Hodgson. A supernatural horror novel published in 1908.

Similar in style to works by H.P. Lovecraft, Robert Bloch, or Clark Ashton Smith.

qwerty 07-29-2010 02:05 PM

I am reading an autobiography of Gen. John Hunt Morgan CSA, its called Rebel Raider, he was a native of ole Kaintucky.

indyguy 07-29-2010 03:16 PM

My uncle captured Gen. Morgan on his foolish raid in to Ohio.

qwerty 07-30-2010 01:36 PM

[QUOTE=indyguy;230344]My uncle captured Gen. Morgan on his foolish raid in to Ohio.[/QUOTE]

How old are you? lol

Nancymw 08-10-2010 03:08 PM

Reading anything I can get hands on

I can't seem to get enough to read. I read on-line preparedness fiction when I can find it. Also, scour the library for books and garage sales. Try to pick one non-fiction subject book I don't know anything about and read it, as well as fiction. I even get my husband to drop me off at the bookstore for a couple hours while he shops so I can skim books there (100 miles away) I live in rural southcentral missouri and nothing is close. Last weekend just bought my own copy of Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions and can't wait to try to recipes. Now that I am laid off I can read more than 3-4 books a week!!!

bltjr1951 10-20-2010 12:38 AM

"Under the Dome" by Stephen King. Not sure I like it, Junior is killer.
Only King novel I liked is "The Stand".
Trying to read "Knife of Dreams" by Robert Jordan. Book 11 of the wheel of time.
Bought hardback at Walmart for $4.

Finished "The Road" bad and "One Second After" great.
Couldn't get into "The Pacific" by Hugh Ambrose. Will buy dvd set whenever.
Read backpacker, camping life and outdoor life magazines too.
Been a member of SFBC since 1970, got a library of sci fi.
Also member of military and history book clubs too. Several WWII books.

Denny 10-24-2010 08:11 PM

I just finished "61 Hours" by Lee Child. I thought it was one of the best in the Jack Reacher series.

Denny

sinzitu 10-25-2010 03:37 PM

[U]The Road[/U] by Cormac McCarthy

Dennis G 10-25-2010 05:10 PM

Condoleeza Rice's book about her parents

Ordinary, Extraordinary People

It is a nice read.

Dennis G

Teg 01-14-2011 11:09 PM

Currently reading the Sci-Fi book "Monster Hunter International" that Massad Ayoob recommended in his blog, the wife read both books in the series and loved them both and so far I am enjoying the first book as well.

qwerty 01-16-2011 11:36 AM

Pale Blue Dot by Dr. Carl Sagan

Bootz 01-20-2011 01:32 AM

My new to me, but used, 3 volume set of [I]The Human Rights Encyclopedia[/I]. I find it fascinating reading...but...I'm a little weird :-)

And some books on lichens. I just learned how to pronounce lichens and how common they are, and that maybe some are growing on mars. Lichens can survive being exposed to outerpace, but not pollution. Fascinating stuff to me. Weird again?

rivahmom 01-27-2011 12:49 PM

I just finished Food, Not Lawns. It had a few good concepts like paradise gardening but I could not get past the authors hippie propaganda and her concept of living off of government grants so she could change the world.

Wild Fermentation is another book I read recently and highly enjoyed.

Last night I picked up Nathan Bedford Foresst, The Enigma so far I am enjoying it a great deal.