View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Grand Master Pontificator
Super Moderator

Default Need an Emergency Back-Up?

I have a nifty inverter/charger that I'll probably never use. Do you need a back-up for a sump pump or an oxygen concentrator? Or perhaps a CPAP? Or, even something larger like a small fridge for meds? If so, I want to help.

This unit needs batteries and is hardwired, which means it is not portable. It's intended use is to be connected to grid power to keep a battery charged for an A.C. back-up power supply. (UPS) Although it could be used in an RV as an inverter and to charge an on-board battery when a generator/shore power is available. Also could be used in an off grid system as an inverter and to charge a battery bank with an A.C. generator. It will charge a variety of battery types. (SLA, AGM, Flooded Cells) It can be installed in a home safely by an electrician.

The battery input is 12 volts D.C. (Not Supplied) and will provide 120 V.A.C. up to 4000 watts for 10 seconds if you have enough battery. It's a quality unit and will provide many years of service if taken care of. Slightly used but in no way damaged.

Here's a link for information on the unit..

http://www.tripplite.com/en/products...txtModelID=178

If someone has a genuine "need" for something like this, I can make you a fantastic deal. Tell me your situation and the price will be shipping! I don't want to just "give" it to someone to sell because I could advertise and make a few hundred bucks from it myself! I'm wanting someone who could truly benefit from having it to make their life easier and safer if they have a medical condition or is handicapped in some fashion. Please be honest!

Thanks in advance..
*Robert Frost*