Thread: Lingonberries
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyobuckaroo View Post
According to what little I can find to read.......... I have the perfect place environment for lingonberries. They also seem hardy enough to resist my considerable brown thumb..........
From what I have learned, one of the greatest threats to lingonberries is someone who insists on taking a hands-on approach, resulting in over-fertilization and over-watering. Other than preparation of the soil prior to planting and periodic weeding, they don't require much of anything. I do put mulch and wood chips down prior to winters, and I water them during lengthy droughts, but they have never shown signs of stress due to these dry periods so even that may be more than is necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyobuckaroo View Post
However.......... I have been having major trouble finding places to buy plants.........

Anyone suggest places to get plants......... ?
I couldn't find any locally, so I ordered mine from two different places, in order to get as many varieties as possible: Raintree Nursery and Hartmann's Plant Company. I cannot attest that these are the best places to get them but mine arrived in good shape.