BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Forum > Hellos & Happy Birthdays

Hellos & Happy Birthdays New members, please use this board to introduce yourselves. Been gone awhile? Let your friends here know you're back! Is it somone's birthday? Wish 'em a happy one!

Old 08-31-2011, 09:28 AM

Default Southside Virginia Here

Hello

I'm involved in helping a lady farmer friend develop her 84 acre abandoned tobacco farm amongst the amish farms and rolling hills of southcentral virginia near the north carolina border. She is semi-off-grid and has a couple off-gridder enthusiasts coming to live there and help get the place on its feet. There's gardens and chickens and donkeys and a rodeo rescue horse in a secluded mostly wooded spot near Lynchburg. A guy is there who wants to go goldmining and he's reburbishing a shorty school bus to a live-in rv.

I also am involved in another farm where we raise spectacular Clydesdale Horses and just had a new foal 4 1/2 months ago...that alone has changed my life. This second farm also has goats, a llama, a great pyrenees guard dog...we are all going off grid soon so this is an appropriate endeavor as collapse and/or solar flares or something manmade takes the grid down...NASA is even pleading with it's 20,000 employees to prepare. Anybody near Lynchburg...South Boston...Clarksville...Oxford...Raleigh????
Old 08-31-2011, 11:20 AM

Welcome from GA
Old 09-01-2011, 03:28 AM
Inactive Member

Welcome!
Can you elaborate more on that last part about NASA?
Great to have you here
Old 09-01-2011, 08:25 PM

Default NASA CHIEF SAY "PREPARE"

http://youtu.be/SP2vDIEgSOc

Chief of NASA sent out plea to all 20,000 NASA employees to prepare...didn't say "prepare" for what...video went viral and raises questions.
Hope I did the link right...if not go to YouTube and search "NASA chief prepare"...just like the extremely odd FEMA tv commercial...have you seen it?? Where the family starts flying upside down in their house and they then grab a GO BAG to escape?? What this is depicting is a POLE SHIFT...now this is a very disconcerting tv commercial which I've seen several times. Are they trying to tell us something but in a subliminal, non-panicky way????? Many strange things afoot.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:00 AM

Default Welcome to BHM....

Welcome from OH,
Sounds like you're involved with some really cool farms! Especially the one that's raising Clydesdale horses! Would love to see the new foal! Thank you for sharing!
Old 09-03-2011, 12:19 AM

welcome from KY, I hope you are enjoying the draft horses I know I do. I use belgians though. sound like you got a good little group going there. that is wonderful it is so much more enjoyable living this lifestyle with other than alone. Keep us posted on what your acheiving. I love to hear what others are doing.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:27 PM

Talking Hello fellow virginian.

Hello from southwestern Virginia.Catawba,iv Craig county.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:08 PM

Hello % welcome from NH