Write For BHM
 Privacy Policy

Retired Features
 Country Moments
 Feedback
 Links
 Radio Show

BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum
Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser.

Go Back   BHM Forum > Homesteading > Conversations

Conversations Pass the time with friends and neighbors. Bring your own coffee.
Please, no Political and/or Current Events posts not directly related to homesteading.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Grand Master Pontificator
Super Moderator

Sometimes it's good to take a break. Just don't let the threats be the reason..

I have the "magic button" also. Maybe ya shoulda invloved me! I won't tolerate that kinda stuff at all!

I only know what members tell me. I don't infringe on anyone's privacy here and never will. My PM is always open..
*Robert Frost*

Old 04-17-2012, 12:46 AM

Sorry to see ya go Teg, but I had to take a break also, i've been gone a few months myself. I just came back a couple of weeks ago. We'll keep the light on for ya. Lol
Take care.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teg View Post
Copies of the messages were sent to Oliver at the time they occurred, according to him the person was warned but other than that no action was taken, so far as I am aware.
No, I haven't gotten any warnings.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:55 AM

See teg all the reply's you have gotten , Can't ya just feel the love going around. Come back when ya feel better, this is still the best forum around.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Master Pontificator

Thank you for giving us the courtesy of goodbye. I have left more than one forum, but have never elaborated more than clicking "delete account". It's a good feeling to leave a forum that you no longer enjoy.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Passed On

Location: I live in North Carolina.. but my heart belongs to Texas

(dig'n in muh overalls pokit fur muh watch)

Well, Teg, ya cudda asked if we wanted to go fish'n with yas but noooo .

Me gonna set this here watch fur a spell an when it DINGS.. me wanna see yas back here sling'n snot an fur ya hear? Doan make me git up from here young man!

Death threats.. humph.. me betcha you eat them fur breakfas!

So long fur now..
Be Strong!
~Grizzy~
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. - Blackfoot
Old 04-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Copies of the messages were sent to Oliver at the time they occurred, according to him the person was warned but other than that no action was taken, so far as I am aware.
Teg,

The PM remarks by the person to whom I think you refer were made last July in response to your challenge and dismissal of the person's claimed expertise. While inappropriate, they were not death threats.

That said, if you've received any real threats via PM since then, I've not received copies of them via PM or email. I know, because I save everything.

Send them if you have them. Otherwise, please do not imply I or Backwoods Home would let such things go unresolved.

To all...

It takes two parties to have an argument or a fight. Most folks here manage to never be party to either.

Some other folks might want to think on that a bit.

Oliver
Old 04-23-2012, 04:33 PM

"It takes two parties to have an argument or a fight."

Just curious here -- Does BWH have a "stand your ground" rule? <G>
Old 04-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Master Pontificator

Internet forums and things like that are different than being in a roundtable discussion in the flesh. There seems to be something that empowers a body by being essentially untouchable. I have observed the same thing when in line for gas, like back in the 70`s shortage. Able to close and lock the doors so no one can lay hands on you, you feel empowered and say and do things you wouldn`t do otherwise, as when in line at the store. I just can`t take internet seriously. I sure hope you can just step back a bit, TEG, and look at things in outside of cyber-whatever.. I`ve been hanging here, since 2003, I think, on and off, just trying to gain knowledge. Perhaps giving a lick or 2 on behalf of my beliefs on some of the more touchy threads, and taking a few licks in return. You need to keep your heart right. That way, no one can really hurt you. Detach a little, bro. See ya later.

If you have to ask why, you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Send them if you have them. Otherwise, please do not imply I or Backwoods Home would let such things go unresolved.

Oliver
I don't believe that my post implied inaction on your part. I merely stated what I had done with the messages in question, and at the time, you told me he had been warned. I keep copies of my messages as well. Your current opinion of the threat is appreciated but when someone says "My eyes aren't what they used to be, but with a scope I could still take your head off from far enough away that you wouldn't hear the shot" it sort of sounds like a threat. Granted I wasn't overly worried or dialing up the FBI to go pick him up but it is still a threat. Additionally, the argument was not about his qualifications it was about his hatred for law enforcement and constant posted attacks against myself because of my Law Enforcement background. Which also earned him a few other warning bans for language both in July and afterwards.

In the greater scheme, the threats were just a part of the reason that I decided to take my break as I explained in my initial post. So there is no need for anyone to get defensive or angry over anything here.

Teg

Make a Difference: http://www.lp.org/membership
Old 04-25-2012, 04:33 AM

Yikes!

That sure sounds like a threat to me!!!

Not good!
Old 04-25-2012, 02:31 PM

I just stop in once in awhile, personal attacks (not on me) but others had gotten to be a total distraction to any meaningful conversation. Take a break Teg find a new place to have discussions, it helps a lot.. Well back into lurking..
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt
Old 04-27-2012, 02:39 AM
Master Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNMOM View Post
I've just come back after being gone for a few years, hardly recognize any of the names of the posters.
it kinda drove me away too,not much pleasure can be derived from someone telling you what a fool you are for having different valuues and beliefs
Old 04-27-2012, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by offgridbob View Post
I just wish I could get death threats, Just means I'm reaching someone. But alas all I get is the people who want to slap me around a little and their no fun.
Bob,
Afraid we all have the threat of death hanging over us. Mrs. & I just were talking about that the other day. Remember the old folks? Well, it just hit us that we're the old folks now. So the threat of death is very real and nearer each day.

TEG, sorry to see you go, and very upset that anyone would threaten anyone else with death. That seems terrible. Yet, I've found myself in the same position in another forum where I felt it best to pull out and let folks bang their own heads against the wall so as to speak.

It seems to be a shame that we today live in a world where people can't just agree to disagree and not get all het up over it.

Wishing you well.

OT
Old 04-27-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
Bob,
Afraid we all have the threat of death hanging over us. Mrs. & I just were talking about that the other day. Remember the old folks? Well, it just hit us that we're the old folks now. So the threat of death is very real and nearer each day.
My husband and I have been talking about that lately too. We are the older generation now in many respects. We can't call up Dad, Mom, Grandpa, or Grandma to get advice. People call us now! And we certainly don't feel all-knowing and wise like we thought they were when we were younger!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
We can't call up Dad, Mom, Grandpa, or Grandma to get advice. People call us now!
I was thinking about this not too long ago. I've found I'm now the one people call for advice, which caused me to reflect on that a bit.

I'm thinking if people are calling me feeling I'm the one that knows what's best to do, we may be in a lot more trouble then we think.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:12 AM
Master Pontificator

Quote:
I am leaving the forum for now, the reason being I am tired of the constant bickering, attacks, and PM death threats that I have received over the last few months. I have better things to do with my time than engage in constant bitter arguments when all I am trying to do is discuss an issue.

To the good people on the forum, who are in fact the majority, I wish you all the best in the future.

Peace
Sorry to see you go but I don't blame you. I took a few months break myself and when I came back I found the same severely declining intellect displayed before I left.

So man want to respond to your expression of opinion with a passionate argument, when all they desperately want to see is their own idiocacy inprint and imagine that silence is agreement. I guess it makes them feel oh so intellectual.

HOW PATHETIC CAN THIS PLACE GET?
Old 05-28-2012, 11:19 PM

Default ohhhhhh

Oh no------- what the heck

Sorry

annie
Old 05-30-2012, 02:42 PM

Default So sorry Teg

I have always tried to appreciate viewpoints that are different from mine, because most of us as humans aren't able to step outside our own point of reference and look at things from another angle. You have provided that and I hope to see you back here again one day.
Crackergirl
Old 06-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Master Pontificator

Exclamation

I support TEG 100%!

Anyone who dosen't is either asleep, dosen't read the forums, or just does not care.

The F A C T is that theses forums are beset with a special class of idiot that thinks their opion is GOD's own law, their logic rules the world. Instead of debating those they disagree with they attack.

The more clever ones attack by constantly questioning those they disagree with and then those even more intelligent with a 3rd grade logic attack those they disagree with by over and over again questioning why the logic oof those they attack is superior to their own, constantly even after it has been explained to them that NO ONE EVER ATTACKED THEIR POSITION, LOGIC, OR CHOICES and that other people have their OWN OPINIONS.

Those people are looking for a fight and they stay home and wankoff at the silence they so often receive in response as proof of their superior logic.

AND THAT IS THE TRUTH NO MATTER WHO WANTS TO CLOSE THEIR EYES to the juvenile behavior!