Write For BHM
 Privacy Policy

Retired Features
 Country Moments
 Feedback
 Links
 Radio Show

BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum
Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser.

Who's In The Chat Room

Go Back   BHM Forum > After Sunset > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests This board is ONLY for prayer requests from folks of all faiths.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:28 PM

Default Where to begin..

I do not know where to begin, I usually do not ask for prayer, maybe I have too much pride, here I am....

My mother is very ill, one week she is up and next she is bed ridden.
My sister (A) is struggling with cancer and other health issues.
My sister (B) is going thru knee surgery,laid off from her job without benefits and was chemically poisoned, to the point of having multiple surgeries required.
My sister (c) will not accept Christ and has been a thorn in the side of my family for 40 years. She is very bitter and mean, even though we love her.
My wife has left me.
My job is in jeopardy.
My health is going south because of all of the above and it wasn't very good before this all started. I applied for medical leave and hope it will come thru.

"I need prayer, that the Lord would not leave me or forsake me."

( please do not ask me to expand on any of the above, it is too difficult.)

God bless you all.

Job....

Old 02-22-2012, 11:53 PM

Praying for you.
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][B][I][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father; [but] he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. I John 2:23[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[B][I][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Y Gwir erbyn y Byd[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]
Old 02-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Passed On

Location: I live in North Carolina.. but my heart belongs to Texas

Job, I post alot down here in this forum place.. this place where folks come hurt an beatup or hoping so for something dear and precious to happen.. Do you know why? I come here because my Journey path has had so many places in it that I thought surely I would not be able to deal with the circumstances at hand. I walked through things only with the words in my Bible.. and holding the hand of the God I had come to love and trust.

You know what, Job? Life isn't for wussies is it.. it's tuff and it keeps coming like the waves breaking on the seashore.. one thing after another after another. And we get tired. We try so hard but seems like sometimes we jus get ahold of too much and despair washes over us. It's okay to feel that way, Job. When we surrender our lives to the Lord we don't walk by feelings anyways. We walk in faith. What does that mean if things don't go our way? That we din't have faith? We serve the God of Creation and He has a plan for each and every one of us.. who He called from the foundation of this world He made for us. He knows our frame, Job.. God.. Knows our Frame! When He allows things in our lives it is to help us to grow or to get someplace where we can be ready to serve Him better and even to JOY.

Job hear me. God will not forget exactly where you are nor will He forsaken you.. For He is with you in the midst of storm and calm. If you can Trust Him, Love Him, Praise Him, Cling to Him no matter what.. You will come out on the other side stronger, wiser, blessed, and after all isn't that what we want? Through tears when I am praying sometimes I begin to smile and laugh because I know that I know that I know.. God has heard me and He loves me and whoever I'm praying for at that moment and He will take care of the matter.. even if I do not understand His method. God has proved too many times to me how Great He Is!!

Job, I will pray every day and when I wake at night for you. I'm there in spirit, brother. Hang on. God is worthy to be praised and He adores you.. Oh please trust Him and hang in there.

I have a daughter who is not walking with the Lord. I trust God to bring her Home. The details belong to God. I trust Him.

Oh Father, see my brother Job. Lord, by Thy Holy Spirit whisper to this man words that his spirit can understand. Comfort him. Strengthen him. Be patient when he feels despair. Lord, please touch the needs in Job's life and lift him out of sorrow into the place of light and joy that is the peace that passes alllll understanding. Father, Thank You for Job. Thank You for Your faithfulness. Help us, Lord, to have the faith that is required to sustain us as You work in our lives. I praise Thee and wait to hear that my brother is encouraged and able to see his way through the dark times into the place where You are.. the place of light and peace. As always, Lord we pray "Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven". Help us, Lord, to be strong enough to mean those words.

Glory be to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.. our help in times of trouble.. our reason to be Joyful, our Comfort and Promise of Life.

in Jesus name,
amen

Be Strong
a bear will stand with you, Job
~Grizzy~
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. - Blackfoot
Old 02-24-2012, 02:36 PM

Grizzly,

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate your honesty..

I understand that life is not for wusses. I have not time to mention all of my troubles. And believe me they are long. After my brother died (which I failed to mention above) my life has been a struggle. Or you could say that was the beginning of my woes.

I am trying to keep my eyes on the prize and keep in the race. (as our brother Paul would suggest)

Sometimes life isn't about how hard you can hit but, how hard of a punch you can take and still be standing.

It is not over and God will have the last word. Whether He has His say today or when our Lord comes or if I should perish.

I will love my Lord/God, forever. He is mine and I am His..

Gods speed Grizz...

Job..
Old 02-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Passed On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
I am trying to keep my eyes on the prize and keep in the race. (as our brother Paul would suggest)

Sometimes life isn't about how hard you can hit but, how hard of a punch you can take and still be standing.

It is not over and God will have the last word. Whether He has His say today or when our Lord comes or if I should perish.

I will love my Lord/God, forever. He is mine and I am His..
Job..
Job.. Some folks are waiting for flowers to bloom, for happy ever after to knock on the door, and some are looking so into the good future they are reaching for. But.. You nailed it. You really did. I see things all around me like the things you listed that require a serious rescue from God. I pray hard over them and surrender them to the Lord. At the end of the day, I can not take my eyes off going Home. I cannot let ANYthing disillusion me, lie to me, knock me down.. so that I cannot believe the Truth our Lord Jesus speaks to us through His Word.

It is written..
35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. (Matthew 24:35)

In the name of the Lord Jesus.. I rebuke you, Satan from the torment and lies you bring into Job's life and his loved ones' lives. You have NO authority here! In the name of Jesus, you must leave him and flee into the outtermost darkness, and touch not One of God's Beloved on your way away from Job.

Glory be to the Father! Glory be to the Lord Jesus who gave Himself on Calvary and has risen! Thank You, Father God for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and the power in our lives that gives us victory over darkness and the mischief of hell! There is power in the Blood of the Lamb!

Blessed is the name of the Lord!

in Jesus name
amen

Be Strong
~Grizzy~
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. - Blackfoot
Old 02-24-2012, 09:31 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Let go and let God.

the Light of God surrounds you, the Love of God enfolds you, the Power of God protects you, the Presence of God watches over you. Wherever you are, God IS.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:42 PM

Done......
Old 05-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Passed On

Job, my prayers an thots continue to be with you.. You okay?

~Grizzy~
Old 05-04-2012, 09:40 AM

Praying the Lord will give you some relief.
Remind Him that He Promised not to give you more than you can bear.....
Old 05-04-2012, 08:06 PM

Default Job

Seems thee has the right name. You'd do well to read that book. I find great comfort and assurance from the words of Job.

Remember the Lord said: "I'll never leave thee nor forsake thee" "Casting all your cares upon Him for He careth for you." "call on Me and I will answer thee and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not." "The Lord loveth not whom He chasteneth not" "All things work together for good to them that love God, for those who are the called according to His purpose." "I have loved thee with an everlasting love."

When we are at our lowest, then we need to let Him carry us through. Often we just wish we had some sort of message, a phone call from God to tell us what to do.

The sad thing is, so many of us are a setting there expecting the phone to ring when He's already sent us a letter and it's lying right there on the table and we haven't bothered to open it.

May God grant thee His peace that passeth all understanding and strength to face each and every day. Trials come to make us better and not bitter they're to strengthen our faith and make us more like our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and just think of the joy when the day comes and He wipes away all the tears from our eyes and there will be no more heartache, sorrow, sickness nor death.

Praying for ya,
OT
Old 05-04-2012, 11:00 PM

God, for me anyhow likes to wait for the last moment to help but the good news is he is ever faithful in helping, so hang in there and I will have our mens group send a prayer your way
Old 05-05-2012, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by offgridbob View Post
God, for me anyhow likes to wait for the last moment to help but the good news is he is ever faithful in helping, so hang in there and I will have our mens group send a prayer your way
Yes, It's been my observation too that God is seldom early, but He's never late.