Write For BHM
 Privacy Policy

Retired Features
 Country Moments
 Feedback
 Links
 Radio Show

BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum
Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser.

Go Back   BHM Forum > After Sunset > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests This board is ONLY for prayer requests from folks of all faiths.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:29 AM

Default Grizzly good idea

I like that idea Grizz has about praying from corner to corner. I think I'm gonna do it this weekend .
One day back a few years ago , I was riding my bike home from work. Times were hard and I didn,t have a car. I had worked from 6am to 6pm in this little welding shop and had not eaten all day.I had about 20 miles to get home . I parked my bike beside the road to rest and was talking to God about being tired and hungry . I guess I was complaining more than anything . As I prayed/complained a larger than normal bumble bee kept flying up to my nose and then he would take off time and again . Suddenly it occurred to me that this huge freindly than usual bumbler was trying to communicate . The next time he took off , I followed him . Right into the nicest patch of Mid-Ohio hill country wild blackberries that I had ever seen . I ate till I could not eat another one . I got back on my 10 speed and rode like the wind .
Sometimes the answer to our questions is right in plain site . We just have to have our eyes opened.

Old 11-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Passed On

Location: I live in North Carolina.. but my heart belongs to Texas
Default "Somebody's Praying for Me"

"Somebody's Praying for Me"
written by John G. Elliott

Somebody's praying; I can feel it
Somebody's praying for me.

Mighty hands are guiding me
To protect me from what I can't see
Lord I believe, Lord I believe
That somebody's praying for me.

Angels are watching; I can feel it
Angels are watching over me.

There's many miles ahead till I get home
Still I'm safely kept before your throne
Cuz Lord I believe, Lord I believe
Your angels are watching over me.

Well, I've walked the barren wilderness
Where my pillow was a stone
And I've been through the darkest caverns
Where no light had ever shown.

But still I went on cuz there was someone
Who was down on their knees
And Lord I thank you for those people
Praying all this time for me.

Somebody's praying; I can feel it
Somebody's praying for me
Mighty hands are guiding me
To protect me from what I can't see.

Lord I believe, Lord I believe

Be Strong...
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. - Blackfoot
Old 11-22-2011, 07:05 PM

Default Always Good

Howdy.

It's always good to read the responses to this thread. Thank you all.
Wish I had a little bumblebee to lead me...And knowing that someone is praying when I'm so distracted and frustrated I can hardly do it myself for myself...GOD bless you.

The clock is ticking might fast seemingly for a whole slew of money related Waterloo level issues this Thanksgiving season for me....and winter isn't even set in yet. Who said stuph to worry about?

Some blessingings I get generally cannot be given a price tag because they are priceless. Whats it worth to spend a fleeting day afield with your boys? I know in a few years I would give anything to have those precious minutes rerun like a favorite movie only much more valuable....priceless. I can say I'm beginning to appreciate less a whole lot more. Age I suppose?OzarksJohn
Old 11-23-2011, 05:06 AM
Passed On

John, we chug thru like freight trains til one day we jus settle down for the ride.. yea is ole age haha..
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. - Blackfoot
Old 11-25-2011, 01:45 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Never tell God how big your storm is. Instead tell your storm how big your God is.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Passed On

Dear Heavenly Father..

Thank You for being faithful to Your Word. You never abandon us, loose us, wink nor sleep. When our storms rage, You are there. When we pause to gather strength, You supply our need. When we collapse in exhaustian, we rest in You. When we celebrate victory, it is in Your direction we give our Thanksgiving and Praise..

Lord, ever faithful Abba Father, please continue to bless and keep this dear Brother and his family. Lord, I ask for good health, day to day needs, favor with man, for them to know the gentleness of the Holy Spirit and the ability to listen and follow His lead. Let their eyes see and ears hear, oh Lord. Please keep their hearts soft enough and their will strong enough and their faith full enough that the storms cannot leave them tattered, but only with lines of character and endurance.. that marks we are chisled out of love to become who You designed us to become.

In all things, Lord, Thy will be done. From MY heart.. I ask for blessings unspeakable and Joy.. Joy for the Journey for these dear ones.

There is no place we can find peace, but in Thy will and good pleasure. Thank You for the paths that lead us to this place..

Blessed is the name of the Lord.
In Jesus name,
amen
Old 12-27-2011, 06:12 PM

Default Thank You and Merry Christmas

Grizzy, and others here.

Thank you for your missives on this familys behalf. The meal barrel is not totally empty this Christmas season thanks to prayer warriors and those doing HIS works even though the practical indications of impending disaster loom largely before me daily. In a few days I have several pressing issues that have to be corrected and there isn't at the time of this writing enough meal in the barrel to do so. In GODs greatness there is more than enough time for a miracle though. Always darkest (and coldest) just before dawn I hope and pray. Its as though I can see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel even though the whirlwind dances all around me and my family at this time. If...... GOD is speaking but still I manage to wallow in confusion as to what the message and mission really is for me. Job I am not....patience wasn't one of my best virtues.
Merry Christmas (belated) to all here; and wishing you all a happy new year.OzarksJohn
Old 02-28-2012, 10:30 PM

Default The Storm Clouds Gather Round....

...Me and my family once again.

Howdy.

I have been absent simply because I felt bad about asking for so much prayer here. Have been sick for almost two months and able to do little. Even have a brand new health concern since last fall and this one came out of nowhere. Our financial scenario has not materially improved, save for a timely blessing at Christmas. We are just surviving virtually on a week to week month to month basis. Several no compromise deadlines with $$$$ attatched are looming large. I need thousands where I don't even have hundreds. Simply put, I need a series of miracles to begin soon, and thats the terrifying truth that I deal with at 2:00AM many nights when I should be sleeping. Please, once again I ask that the prayer warriors here mention this family to GOD.Thank you all.OzarksJohn
Old 02-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Passed On

You beat me here. I've had you layed on my heart so strongly, lately, and have been praying for you, John. I was going to see if I could git an update from yas.. and so ya have given one.

This has just ben the hardest past year. I understand what you're going through and the urgency of time for finances. Now that things are a lil better defined am going to pray more specifically for your needs. John everything that can be shaken is going to be shaken.. for all of us. But we are not afraid. The Lord is in the boat with us and the storm obeys Him. Without faith, we can not please God. We get so tired and the enemy whispers we will fall into destruction.. but he has no authority in our lives. Tell him that John. Tell him. Praise God and know we are covering you in prayer. If God is for you who can be against you?

When Jesus called out Lazarus' name to come forth.. Do you know why the Lord used his name to do so? ("Lazarus come forth")? Because had the Lord jus said "Come forth" alla people in the cemetary wudda gotten up an come out . THAS the mighty God you serve!

Be Strong
me stand'n with yas in prayer all thru this
~Grizzy~
Old 03-06-2012, 03:52 PM

Default God Bless The Prayer Warriors.

Howdy.

The whirlwind dances and the master of chaos and confusion appears to play the fiddle here. Have big issues and questions in the works with few solid answers. Grasping at straws and having to live reactive more than proactive. I need answers with $$ attatched to them. Can't help but think sometimes that all of the turmoil and frustration thats in me and around me is is part of GODS plan to move me to the next plateau or chapter in this life. Sometimes I feel pretty neutralized and like a ship being tossed. I'm certainly becoming aware of my limitations to affect the outcome of anything. Pray for this family.Thank you all. OzarksJohn
Old 03-14-2012, 08:24 PM

Default Better News Day...

Howdy.

About mid morning I got the feeling that GOD was working on our problems and had already made his decision on what and how. By 3:00 this afternoon I had received two pieces of better news. Things are far from peachy, but now I think I'll just try and relax a bit and let HIM run this show.....HIS way. Thanks for your faithful mention of this family to the LORD. All of you. May GOD bless you.OzarksJohn
Old 03-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Passed On

God never lets us down, John. Whew, sometimes we sweat it but He is with us to the end. Gosh.. who can understand God's ways or His thoughts for us. The other day I was praying for you and felt something different.. like a shift. I'm SO glad you stopped by with your words. God is the only One we can have sure trust in. He alone is worthy of our praise and faith. Whatta Journey, huh?

Thank You, Lord, for Your Faithfulness!
Be Strong
~Grizzy~
Old 03-19-2012, 11:48 PM

Default GOD Comes Thru....

Howdy.

Got some fantastic news today. Unfortunately I can't elaborate; but suffice it to say that an immense millstone was lifted that nearly drowned me for almost 4 months. GOD be praised! Now those other pesky problems HE is working on for me....Thanks to the prayer warriors.OzarksJohn
Old 03-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Passed On

Hey John

I read your praise report but dint want to cover your bootiful words with mine. I've been praising God for the goodness He is bringing to ya'll. Thank you so much for sharing your news with us. God is so gracious and faithful!

Am continuing to pray an believe for your Journey.

Be Strong
~Grizzy~
Old 04-16-2012, 09:25 PM

Default Where Am I GOD?

Howdy.

The LORD blessed me with the lifiting of a massive millstone a month ago. Thank you GOD.

Now the question that enters my mind is: Where am I GOD? What's next? Where am I in your plan, your timeline, your project?

I am waiting for; and scanning the horizon for something... a tangible, a final deliverance, a redirection, physical and spiritual healing, a reconciliation, a mission. In the meantime I need prayer by those that have lifted me up to the LORD so well... I need answers and spiritual transformation of persons, places, and things around me.....OzarksJohn
Old 04-18-2012, 03:40 AM

praying for you
Old 05-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Passed On

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzarksJohn View Post
Howdy.

The LORD blessed me with the lifiting of a massive millstone a month ago. Thank you GOD.

Now the question that enters my mind is: Where am I GOD? What's next? Where am I in your plan, your timeline, your project?

I am waiting for; and scanning the horizon for something... a tangible, a final deliverance, a redirection, physical and spiritual healing, a reconciliation, a mission. In the meantime I need prayer by those that have lifted me up to the LORD so well... I need answers and spiritual transformation of persons, places, and things around me.....OzarksJohn
John am so blessed by your testimony of God's faithfulness.

As for the mission.. every day issa mission, dear brother. Every day we meet tired an confused souls, lost souls, despairing souls, struggling folks with good hearts who jus need a kind word, souls who have stepped away from the Father needing to come back to Him. I would suggest you pray in ernest.. "Thank You, Lord for the mercy You have shown to me. Now I ask one more thing, Lord.. Use Me." Those are my words.. open your heart to speak this desire to God using Your Own words an see what will unfold.

I prayed once asking God to show me who He is.. and oh John.. God brought me closer!

Be Strong
~Grizzy~
Old 06-04-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzy View Post
John am continuing to stand in prayer with you.

Yesterday God slew a monster for me. Miracles still happen, my brother!

Be Strong
~Grizzy~

I know this an old thread --but I need the Great monster
slayer again.

I didnt known a broken heart could kill you.

annie
Old 06-05-2012, 09:26 AM

Praying for ya tx
sissy
Old 06-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Passed On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txanne View Post
I know this an old thread --but I need the Great monster
slayer again.

I didnt known a broken heart could kill you.

annie
Well John continues to come bring us updates so we can know how to pray.. God has brought our Brother so far an we jus lub him.

I'll keep you in my prayers too, txannie. The Journey is difficult but the Destination is worth the stuggle.
God Bless yas an bearhugs..

Be Strong
~Grizzy~