BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Forum > Forum Rules, Help, Announcements, & Testing > Forum Help

Forum Help If you are having difficulty with a Forum feature and cannot resolve it by reading the related FAQ, you can post your question here. Include details!

Old 08-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Banned

Default XML--CSV--TEXT...??

I have been "Notified"...
My Mailbag is getting too full?? I have been put on notice, that unless I do something, then my mailbag will be shut down. OK... that's fine.
Ive been instructed to delete / or / transfer my messages to a file.

But... here are my choices??

--XML
--CSV
--TEXT

WHAT THE HECK???... am I supposed to know which choice to make here?? Can anyone give me some direction or advice of what these codes mean and which choice I should make??
Old 08-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

That's what happens to windbags, Iron Man. Always said you Texians are full of it, even though I wasn't thinking of excess messages.

Seriously, the format you save your files to will depend on what you want use to retrieve them. Saving in text format will allow just about any program to "see" them, but will use up more disk space. The others will use less space, but can only be read by some programs.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumble View Post
That's what happens to windbags, Iron Man. Always said you Texians are full of it, even though I wasn't thinking of excess messages.

Seriously, the format you save your files to will depend on what you want use to retrieve them. Saving in text format will allow just about any program to "see" them, but will use up more disk space. The others will use less space, but can only be read by some programs.
Mr GrumbleMan,
Thanks for the advice...saving in Text format will probably be best, since I am working off of an old ancient computer with Windows 98...yea that's right...Im probably the last person in America who still has an old computer working off of Windows 98. Hah hah. Hard to believe... but true.

Ironclad
El Viejo Windbag Mucho
Old 08-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Banned

This Blogsite thing here is NOT very "user-friendly" !!

My danger message said..."Your mailbox is getting full" so...

I just spent several hours trying to create folders, and to transfer messages to folders... etc etc

Nothing seems to work??

This Sux
Old 08-28-2012, 09:23 PM

I dunno, jefe, I haven't run into the problem. I'd guess that when they say "100 messages," that means all messages in all the folders?

You might be better off cutting and pasting to a WordPad file, then deleting?
Old 08-28-2012, 09:44 PM

Well, you could just delete the older messages Ironclad... there's a checkbox next to the message - and even on the headings for when the messages came in. Instead of moving things to folders.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Administrator

When your PM folders get close to full (total of all folders), the Forum warns you so new messages will not be refused.

What I do is to periodically move messages I received to a "Done" folder. PMs I send are automatically stored in a "Sent" folder.

Then, when I near my limit, I scroll down to the bottom of the PM page to

and click on "Text" to download and save everything as plain text. It the saves messages in both folders in one dated file, separating the two with

################################################## ##############################
Folder : [folder name]
################################################## ##############################

Then I delete what I just downloaded.

I save everything, but you may want to delete certain PMs before downloading.

Oliver