BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > After Sunset > Member Websites > For Sale / Trade / Wanted

For Sale / Trade / Wanted Personal items you want to sell or trade or items you are looking to buy. Business offerings belong in the Businesses Board, not here!
No firearms, ammunition, other weapons, or anything that requires a license to buy or sell.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:59 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default Cream separator - WANT TO BUY

Am looking to buy a table top COMPLETE cream separator in good working condition, either electric or manual. I have goats AND cows and would need one that will work for both.
Pcrowder
pacrowderholyoke@aol.com

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Be an ant....not a grasshopper!

Last edited by pcrowder; 08-29-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: TYPO
Old 09-16-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrowder View Post
Am looking to buy a table top COMPLETE cream separator in good working condition, either electric or manual. I have goats AND cows and would need one that will work for both.
Pcrowder
pacrowderholyoke@aol.com
PC,
Without the long story, my grandparents had one of those when I was a child. Their's was manual and had some kind of a bell on the crank that indicated when you were turning at the right speed. I got to turn that a lot when grandma broke her wrist.

This was for cows milk but I think the number of separator cones you set up with and the speed would adjust for goat's milk. Please let me know if you find what you are looking for. I have many good memories of those days.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J R Adams View Post
PC,
Without the long story, my grandparents had one of those when I was a child. Their's was manual and had some kind of a bell on the crank that indicated when you were turning at the right speed. I got to turn that a lot when grandma broke her wrist.

This was for cows milk but I think the number of separator cones you set up with and the speed would adjust for goat's milk. Please let me know if you find what you are looking for. I have many good memories of those days.
You didn't wash out the bowl or the discs, or your memories wouldn't be good. That stupid separator is one of those things where one can gladly say the good thing about "the good old days" is that they're over.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
You didn't wash out the bowl or the discs, or your memories wouldn't be good. That stupid separator is one of those things where one can gladly say the good thing about "the good old days" is that they're over.
I remember the discs ( more like cones as I recall) and bowel being washed and got to dry them sometimes. But I don't remember who did the washing while grandma's wrist was broken. I'm getting to the point where anything I can remember about those times is good, the bad seems to have shut itself out. Pretty care free times for an 8-11 year old until my parents were divorced. After that settled down high school years were pretty good too. I guess overall I was a pretty lucky kid.