BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Old 05-26-2013, 03:02 AM

Default Dog steals another dogs' bone!

This is just too funny! We have two dogs, one is a yellow lab, weighing about 100 lbs.and the other is a heinz 57 weighing about 40 lbs. Earlier today I gave them each a pork roast bone. Well, our little girl (the 40 lb one) rarely eats a large bone in one sitting. While the lab, it's like watching a pig eat and leaving nothing behind.
Anyway, the lab found the remainders of her bone and took it from her. He laid it down and she grabbed, brought in the house and chewed on it for a while on the rug. She got up to get a drink, the lab put his paw on the rug, pulled it toward him and grabbed the bone. Our little girl came back to him chewing on it. The look on her face was so funny! Her eyes were big, her ears erect and she looked at us as if to say, "He stole my bone!" Well he chewed on it for a while, then he got up. She went over and stole it back!
Just had to share that with someone! We laughed until tears came.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:27 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Yes, critters can be so funny.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:43 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

That is hilarious--dogs--an entertainment committee.

Mine do things that just crack me up.
Mo-Mo my young doxie -- is always in trouble.
I looked up a few days ago--and all I could see was
a few inches of his hind-end sticking out of a hole he
had been working on--digging for hours.

In a bit I heard him whining---I ran to see if he was hurt
and he was trying to back out of his ((hole)) and couldn't get out.
He's about 7 lbs and knows no fear but when he gets hurt he sets of a crying like a puppy.

He buries his toys in the food bowl then jumps on ole Dan if he gets near the bowl.
Ole Dan (pushes) him away like swapping a fly--funny to watch our animals in the
natural scheme of things.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:40 AM

That's funny! When we had gotten our lab about a month ago, our little girl would push her way into the house first thing in the morning, so that she could steal her "brother's" biscuit out of his dog dish. One morning she couldn't get around him, so she went under him!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:54 PM

Few things as funny as our pets. Those are some great stories. Makes wish I were on the spot watching.

Got a few of my own I'll share periodically. One is:

......Bought a little LGD who was in training and was learning to get along with a grown labradore. I had given them each a bone (with meat) and she had eaten hers quickly; however, Cujo (our lab) was enjoying his more slowly. Valentina (our Karakachan) scooted up to him on her belly. (I was watching with a knot in my stomach believing this could easily turn into a full out fight; and Cujo had over 60 lbs on Valentina.) As Valentina scooted, Cujo kept his eyes on her. She scooted a little at a time until she literally had her mouth on one end of that bone. There they both lay! This 85 lb lab looking like he was ready to snap and this 28 lb Karakachan looking like she was not going to let go. Seems like they layed like that for a long time, though I knew it was only seconds, when Cujo simply let Valentina have that bone. She trotted off with her prize and Cujo came over to me as though to say, "See I can be nice to this intruder."
Old 11-19-2013, 08:09 PM

I have a french bulldog....

He takes his bone and while chewing on the floor, he slowly moves closer to the cat.
The cat could care less.
Then he proceeds to growl at the cat because he thinks she's too close to his bone.
He's the one that brought it to her!! Hahahahaha.

I normally go take his bone (he's trained that I can take his bone and he will not growl) and i'll move him to another spot. Or I'll tell him to take his bone outside and leave the cat alone.