BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Old 11-23-2013, 01:11 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Who knows if the original poster is still around this forum and will see this thread. But there are lots of other folks who can benefit.
a lot of folks try natural remedies after having gone the medical route. sort of last resort.
Last year I thought I would have to give up milking, maybe it was two years ago. anyway, I take a drop or two of poke root tincture every day. I put it on my finger and lick it off, so I see how much I take. I used to just stick my finger in it, but that was way too much and it gave me stomach upset and diarrhea. I am still milking. My finger joints hurt slightly now and then and then I hit the tincture again. I am bad about keeping on anything regular. But I always think that is natural. In nature nothing is
forever. It is always up and down, abundance and derth, high point and low point, Sometimes you need to take a break and then do another course of treatment.
If the pain is reduced it does not mean that healing has taken place. It took a while in coming, it takes a while in going. (wisdom of my grandmother).
Much helps much. (not amount, different things, like cleansing, anti inflammatories, things to build up and repair, to alleviate pain, etc..)
I once had a neighbor with rheumatoid arthrities. She fasted twice a year for two weeks or so. It kept her painfree for about six months. Then she fasted again.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:01 PM

Google arthritis and nightshade vegetables. The nightshades have a low toxic in them that aggravates arthritis.

Some nightshades are tomatoes, potatoes, all bell peppers and eggplant. There are a few more but can't remember them at the moment.

When I first tried this I went 6 weeks without my baked potatoes because I loved those and ate them at least once a week. I gradually started feeling a bit better, not hurting as much, then one evening I tried a baked potato. Oh my goodness, I woke up hurting so bad the next morning I couldn't hardly move. That pain and stiffness lasted almost 3 days.

That's been almost 4 years now. I very rarely have potatoes anymore because the pain just isn't worth it and I lOVE potatoes.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:23 AM

Rhus Tox has been a lifesaver for me. I came down with a bad case of poison ivy and after being on Rhus Tox for a week (as was suggested by the owner of the local health food store), I noticed that for the first time in literally decades I wasn't having to take a prescription med for pain. The dosage is 30x, every 4 hours as needed. The brand I use is Luyties.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default Arthritis

I hope the guy who started this thread has been checking back for answers.

I have plain ol' garden variety wear & tear arthritis. It tends to land in my thumbs which is aggrevating 'cause I love to knit. What has worked for me is an Ayurvedic oil called Malis Tel. It is available in the Indian grocery store here, but they also have a web site www.dharasana.com

It seems to be a bunch of herbal oils, many of which I have never heard. Whatever, the stuff really works on my problem. When I have pain, I massage the joints with this oil and get weeks of relief. Don't know how it works, it just does.