BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > After Sunset > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests This board is ONLY for prayer requests from folks of all faiths.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:21 PM

Default Daughter 19 and searching for direction

I covet your prayers for my 19 yo daughter, Jennifer. She is really mixed up in what she wants to do with her life. She has been working and dating and really just doing to sowing your wild oats type of thing to a certain point. She has begun a new job that does not offer her many hours which she needs to make her car payment. She needs to find something more permanent with decent hours and pay. I know God has something that is right for her. She had a desire while growing up to go to cosmotology school and then auto diesel college. When she got out working and dating, she lost focus and decided that wasn't her desire anymore. She has gotten a taste of life, some good and some not so good.

She is at a crossroads in her whole outlook on life right now. She needs guidance from God. She woke me up at 1:30 this morning to talk things over. My mother has gone to Florida for a month, so, she is going to go over to their house to stay for a few weeks. Her plans are to go to work and then spend time alone with God to seek out the direction she needs to pursue with her life. Please pray that God will surround her with His presence and that this will become a changing point in her life.

I have been praying for months that God would bring her to this point in her life. Now, I am asking you, my forum friends to cover her in prayer that God might do a mighty work.

Thank you in advance for praying.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:05 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo4pintn View Post
I covet your prayers for my 19 yo daughter, Jennifer. She is really mixed up in what she wants to do with her life. She has been working and dating and really just doing to sowing your wild oats type of thing to a certain point. She has begun a new job that does not offer her many hours which she needs to make her car payment. She needs to find something more permanent with decent hours and pay. I know God has something that is right for her. She had a desire while growing up to go to cosmotology school and then auto diesel college. When she got out working and dating, she lost focus and decided that wasn't her desire anymore. She has gotten a taste of life, some good and some not so good.

She is at a crossroads in her whole outlook on life right now. She needs guidance from God. She woke me up at 1:30 this morning to talk things over. My mother has gone to Florida for a month, so, she is going to go over to their house to stay for a few weeks. Her plans are to go to work and then spend time alone with God to seek out the direction she needs to pursue with her life. Please pray that God will surround her with His presence and that this will become a changing point in her life.

I have been praying for months that God would bring her to this point in her life. Now, I am asking you, my forum friends to cover her in prayer that God might do a mighty work.

Thank you in advance for praying.
You know my prayers continue for you and your children.
I have watched my children/grands make some dumb mistakes.
But mo4pintn,sometimes they have to walk where they walk to become what Almighty God intends them to walk.
At this age many dont know which way to turn,its called growing pains.
I know you have raised your children well.

Will continue to pray for her--she'll be ok.
And will thank Almighty God for who care in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:14 AM

I tell my children that what they do between 18-25 usually determines their future. I want them to be happy 10 years from now, not just tomorrow. I have an 18-year old going through similar thinking. He is interested in welding and diesel mechanics. He got his stick welding certification last week, so he is kinda on his way and is accepted into diesel school here in Alaska.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:21 AM

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:30 AM

Polly
I am still praying for your child.
The worlds call is strong,but Almighty God is still in charge.
May he surround her with Mighty Angels and guide and direct her path.

In the name of Jesus Christ,Lord and Savior.