BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Self-Reliance & Preparedness > Self-reliance > Hunting/Fishing/Trapping

Hunting/Fishing/Trapping Hunting, Fishing, Trapping and related conversations.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:14 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default Lost my Hunting Lease-Help!

Looks like I've lost my lease here in Texas, and will need to hunt the public lands that TPWL provides for we poor folk. Does anyone here hunt these areas? I need help locating something at least semi productive that isn't overrun with dangerous neophytes. maybe a motel within driving distance? Any help/advice appreciated.

jim
Old 08-08-2014, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Looks like I've lost my lease here in Texas, and will need to hunt the public lands that TPWL provides for we poor folk. Does anyone here hunt these areas? I need help locating something at least semi productive that isn't overrun with dangerous neophytes. maybe a motel within driving distance? Any help/advice appreciated.

jim
Jim
Look into the 5 Mile Hunt Club in Jasper Tx(Jasper Co)
Its off What is called the Dam Hwy#255
Its a huge one.
Dont know any of the club officers.

you would be within 25 miles of great eats and nice hotels and the dams A&B make for a great visit there if you'd like to fish also.

Last edited by Txanne; 08-08-2014 at 01:23 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:42 PM

Thanks!!!
jim
Old 08-14-2014, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post

jim
This is what started my interest in bow hunting - virtually no hunting pressure on public land, and not having to worry about somebody shooting at noises.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:22 PM

I've been having the same thoughts about bows and ML hunting on public land.

jim
Old 09-03-2014, 12:37 PM

I'm not from your area, but if hunting public land, go deep....If they're anything like the public lands we have here in Pa, and if the hunters have a similar mindset(which I expect they do) most will hunt less than a mile from the parking area, or from the road. There are so many hunters who are afraid of getting lost that they don't venture very far from their truck. That and most are simply too out of shape and or lazy to go much further. Go in past a mile and I bet you will have the place all to yourself.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:40 PM

My land is beautiful for hunting but I stopped letting hunters on (they still sneak on) because of fences. No respect for fences. I have fences even up in the hills because believe it or not my cows think they are mountain goats. I live in a very hilly area of Eastern OK and raise cattle but have plenty of hunting land. Allowed people for years to hunt deer, while boars, turkey and even wild cats and only asked that they take down a coyote or two while at it. But after all the fencing forget it.

I guess this is rambling.

I will again let someone hunt when I know the person and know he would respect fences and gates.