BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Forum > Hellos & Happy Birthdays

Hellos & Happy Birthdays New members, please use this board to introduce yourselves. Been gone awhile? Let your friends here know you're back! Is it somone's birthday? Wish 'em a happy one!

Old 09-29-2014, 03:33 PM

Default Hi, Ya'll! Kellrae from TX

Hi! I've been reading the boards as time permits the last week or so. I've already noticed one gal from my neck of the woods! That's so exciting to know I'm not the only "odd" one 'round here lol...
I'm a homeschooling, gardening, from scratch cookin' Christian wife and mom. My family and I had a small produce stand this Spring at our home. I enjoyed the people and sold some bread and canned goods. We are thinking we may do it again next Spring and add some veggie plants, too.
I was so thankful for the articles in BHM for helping me. I had a pretty good larder put up and when my husband fell ill, it sure came in handy! Now my hubby's healed and back to work, so we are building our larder, livestock, and land back up. Over a year of having only odd jobs and barely an income was trying, but it really taught us what was necessary and what wasn't. And, we learned we could accomplish a lot when we worked together as a family.
I really look forward to 'visiting' and learning with you all!
In Christ, Kellrae
Old 09-29-2014, 07:25 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Howdy from a North Central Texan!

It sounds to me like your trip through adversity could provide some good discussion fodder. Not to pry, but just wondering what sorts of tales you may share. That's how we all learn from and support each other.

Use less, lose less, weigh the benefits, count the costs.