BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Old 10-11-2014, 02:35 PM

Default Soy-fortified corn dough and tortillas

http://www.google.com/patents/US20070087101 Soy-fortified corn dough and tortillas

A method for producing a soy and corn dough mass is disclosed, the soy and corn dough mass comprising hydrated cracked corn and soy. The soy component of the soy and corn dough mass can be hydrated soy or non-hydrated soy. In one embodiment, both non-hydrated and hydrated soy can be part of the soy and corn dough mass. Tortillas and other traditional corn products can be made from the soy and corn dough mass.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:23 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

My digestive system does not tolerate Soy, or what they pass off as Soy today. 99% of Soy products are GE plants. I am not sure if it is GE crap, but I know my digestive system won't digest tofuki burgers. I do fine with venison.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:37 PM

I spend a lot of time and effort AVOIDING soy and soy products. Why would you want to ADD it to anything? Soy isn't good for humans to begin with; and then after it's been 'round up readied' sprayed three or four times with all sorts of stuff, then sprayed again to kill the plants just prior to harvesting, in my opinion you might as well eat poison.

And I'm confused by the wording, "soy fortified". It sounds to me like a marketing scheme.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalpa View Post
I spend a lot of time and effort AVOIDING soy and soy products. Why would you want to ADD it to anything? Soy isn't good for humans to begin with; and then after it's been 'round up readied' sprayed three or four times with all sorts of stuff, then sprayed again to kill the plants just prior to harvesting, in my opinion you might as well eat poison.

And I'm confused by the wording, "soy fortified". It sounds to me like a marketing scheme.
Yes, there truly is a lot of adverse babble about soy. There are also a great many defenders of the beans. However, I have been eating a bowl for breakfast without fail for over 25 years. Most of the studies according to one reviewer has been by researchers literally holding a rat down and over stuffing with soy, with the results with which we are blessed. True or not I don't know.

Soy fortified reflects the view that corn even nixtamalized is not complete. Addition of the soy completes the circle for human nutrition.

The land in the new world is covered with corn fields and we humans hardly even use it. Nixtamalization makes field corn palatable and nutritious for humans. The beans make the food practically a magic bullet food at first look.

Spraying is not limited to soy. Spray is everywhere. Spray permeates the food supply. Good or bad it is here to stay. Without spray our food supply would be insufficient. AT BEST ORGANIC IS A SILLY JOKE. Those perfect fruits and vegetables in our food stores are all laced with spray otherwise they would reflect much insect damage.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:11 PM

"Adverse babble". Nice label. Good thing you're not female, that daily soy intake would have certainly screwed up your hormonal balance.

Yes, the spray is everywhere. Which is why I avoid all of the 'system' foods that I can. Apples from my own tree, grass fed beef, veggies from my garden. Can I eliminate it? No, especially when my neighbors go roaring by with their sprayers. But it is still a good reason to avoid all soy, beyond the fact that it's bad for you.

I don't buy into these intensive processes making things 'palatable and nutritious'. If you have to use chemicals to alter something into a food source, either it wasn't a food source to begin with, or it's not being properly utilized. Field corn, by the way, is used in human foods, it is far from being hardly touched. Cornflakes don't come from sweet corn.