BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > After Sunset > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests This board is ONLY for prayer requests from folks of all faiths.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:06 PM

Default Need encouragement please

Been gone from forum a good while. Was up in the mountains on temp. assignment, should be packing to go back home now. But the situation changed and DH has been hired here full time permanent. Usually that is good news, but neither of us likes it here, hoping by staying until 2015 we can make a BIG chunk of change, like our own homestead instead of a rental back home.
BUT meanwhile, I am home alone all day, none of our furniture or other stuff (can't sew or make soap, barely have pots and pans for cooking) and trying to fight depression tooth and nail.
I DO talk to the Lord every day, that helps. But from getting up time till supper stretches out like an eon.
So suggestions (no volunteer ops here, too far to drive to town with fuel close to $4) and encouragement would sure help.
Thanks
Old 09-09-2014, 09:06 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackergirl View Post
Been gone from forum a good while. Was up in the mountains on temp. assignment, should be packing to go back home now. But the situation changed and DH has been hired here full time permanent. Usually that is good news, but neither of us likes it here, hoping by staying until 2015 we can make a BIG chunk of change, like our own homestead instead of a rental back home.
BUT meanwhile, I am home alone all day, none of our furniture or other stuff (can't sew or make soap, barely have pots and pans for cooking) and trying to fight depression tooth and nail.
I DO talk to the Lord every day, that helps. But from getting up time till supper stretches out like an eon.
So suggestions (no volunteer ops here, too far to drive to town with fuel close to $4) and encouragement would sure help.
Thanks
Books?? I could see you some books.
Thats hard situation---been there--and it seems to gall you into a bad mood losing sight of the good side or out come of the situation.
Pray--keep your eyes on the prize.
What is the benefit of staying?
Good? Great?
Your not alone---as i go about praying each day--I'll remember to ask for wisdom and calm for you.
Hugs and prayers----
annie
Old 09-09-2014, 10:51 PM

Default Yes, I am reading

I read a lot. We go to the library at least once a week. Read anything and everything.
And somehow I knew you'd be there for me, Txanne. You always are. I can't tell you how proud I was to see your book for sale on the site and in the magazine. You inspire me.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:54 PM

There are thousands of free kindle books.
You can get a kindle reader program for your computer and download the books from Amazon and several other places.
Maybe you can foster cats or dogs.
That would be an at home job and you would be helping some very needy animals.
Take on line classes. Write a book. Get your sewing stuff back from where ever it is and start sewing.
When I was in at sea in the Navy our shop was not very busy so we had to find things to do.
We all took up embroidery.
It drove our shop Chief nuts which was an added benefit.
Somewhere my wife still has a shirt with a huge peacock embroidered on the back.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:26 PM

Research, research, research and combine that with putting together a plan for your future.

If this opportunity with the DHs job gets you closer to your goals - outline then define that goal with plans.

Would be my suggestion! Good luck!
Old 09-14-2014, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackergirl View Post
Thanks
Get some yarn and start crochet, wife makes some great blankets. Lots of free websites that you can get information from. Spend your time researching and taking notes so when you move to your place you will know where you got the information from
Old 09-19-2014, 07:25 PM

I'm guessing reading isn't satisfying your need to be productive and/or creative. I can understand that even though I love to read.
I could send you a care package with a few eggs and part of the material to decorate them if you are interested in that. I have a few photos in Art's section if you don't know what I am talking about.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:16 AM
Master Pontificator

I understand your loneliness. It must be awfully hard to not have your "stuff" with you. It's the familiar things that make a house a home, especially for us stay-at-home women.

I have some cross-stitch kits & things I could send you too. At least it would be something to keep your hands busy. Do you listen to the radio? I love talk-radio & hearing other people's opinions on things. That sometimes occupies my mind a little bit too, in addition to reading & crafts & such.