BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Old 11-14-2014, 04:35 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default Felting

Does anyone here do any sort of felting crafts? I just sent for a book on Amazon. It seems like a great way to make child-resistant tree ornaments for the families with small kids. (And they're really cute!)

I've been drooling over some of the needle felted animals on Etsy, but not the PRICES! So I think I'm going to try to make some myself.

I've already got a bag of raw wool in mixed colors from Ebay. From reading the reviews on the tools on Amazon, I think I'll also try to make my own tools. (And spending $3 or more for an oz. for wool is just NUTS!)
Old 11-14-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnn View Post
Does anyone here do any sort of felting crafts? I just sent for a book on Amazon. It seems like a great way to make child-resistant tree ornaments for the families with small kids. (And they're really cute!)

I've been drooling over some of the needle felted animals on Etsy, but not the PRICES! So I think I'm going to try to make some myself.

I've already got a bag of raw wool in mixed colors from Ebay. From reading the reviews on the tools on Amazon, I think I'll also try to make my own tools. (And spending $3 or more for an oz. for wool is just NUTS!)
IIRC there are several video's on YouTube on felting.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:49 PM

Go to Etsy and look for a price you like. Some of it is expensive, probably because it is already dyed. If you enjoy this craft, you might want get some plain wool and dye it yourself with Kool-Aid.