BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Self-Reliance & Preparedness > Financial > Frugal Living

Frugal Living Anything to do with saving money, living for less, how to save, free stuff, etc.

Old 07-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default Free furniture

The trailer park owner let me go through a nearby empty trailer today and pick out any furniture or other items wanted. I got a love seat, an entertainment center, a solid wood end table, two working stand lamps, and lots of other small household items, I turned down a small microwave and a foot spa as I had no use for either one. I really wanted the king sized storage bed frame but we couldn't figure out how to get the drawers out and it would be just about impossible to move with them in it as it's solid wood, not the cheap stuff most furniture is made from. Now all I really need is a table and chairs and one of the guys is going to see if the guy in trailer one, by the shop, will sell me the small one with two chairs he has outside. I'm offering $10 for the set as it's been through a couple of heavy rain storms. I need to see if my great nephews will bring in the furniture as it's too heavy for me.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:15 AM

I came home about 5pm to find a dining table and three chairs out by my front porch. When I asked the neighbor what I owed for them he told me nothing. I am so lucky in living where I do in that I've been able to acquire what I need for free by asking around and being willing to wait as long as needed for it.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYellowRose View Post
The trailer park owner let me go through a nearby empty trailer today and pick out any furniture or other items wanted
Congratulations on your find plus the wonderful surprise you found at your door!
Old 11-25-2014, 01:54 AM

Congratulations on getting some cool stuff!