BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Old 12-27-2014, 10:24 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie189 View Post
ScrubbieLady,

You know what would bother me - if you laughed after I told you how you made them. And then waved me (friendly-like) and then went on to do something else or talk to someone else.
I don't laugh, I just smile and don't comment. This was the grown daughter of a customer (Mom was standing there and she was the one to comment). There is another scrubbie vendor at the farmers market, hers are less but hers are different. This particular customer doesn't like the other vendor's scrubbies.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyyarn View Post
I have discovered over a long and crafty life that most crafts are quite simple to do, but not many people will sit still long enough to do them.

It use to drive my ex crazy. I am a very impatient person when it comes to myself and projects. But I can sit for hours and hold trim or a hinge in place while the glue dries on an egg.

Last edited by OzarksLady; 12-29-2014 at 01:36 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:12 PM
Master Pontificator

Quote:
Don't you just love folks who think you can just 'whip up' something and be glad to do it?
Yip just like me....art I have to create...it has nothing to do with how much I make or even if a sell it. Does it make money???? sometimes..... I do not know if people appreciate artist that create,....often we are thrown under the bus because of our opinions, and even our ways of life. I have people who have heard about my gardens and my home....an old beat up plantation home..they say you should charge people to come in and see this!....perhaps when I am dead....right now I have to create, and create. Getting older I see how money is really meaningless, as one can create a good living without....as millions and millions people do around the world. So many times we told well your poor so your worthless...and as I traveled the world I came to know people who had true joy in their hearts, sharing what food they had when they had nothing, who laughed and sang and danced often....and they had nothing, they lived in one room dirt house with no furniture. Joy and living has nothing to do with what you have, it has everything to do with what you create and who your are.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:21 PM
Master Pontificator

Quote:
drive my ex crazy. I am a very impatient person when it comes to myself and projects. But I can sit for hours and hold trim or a hinge in place while the glue dries on an egg.
LOL I am horror, I lock people out because I can not be interrupted, tunnel vision when I am on roll.... if you insist on your way and do....the monster comes out....the phones are off....and days may pass before I come out. Most people do not understand this ....as everyone wants to be sociable connection to others ....but if you are true blue....when your making something you lock out the whole world and in your zone ....gluing, pasting .... thinking about new ways to do it, what if it has color, what can I add and what can I subtract and the list goes on... The chaos of creation....is wonder of life.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiDi View Post
LOL I am horror, I lock people out because I can not be interrupted, tunnel vision when I am on roll.... if you insist on your way and do....the monster comes out....the phones are off....and days may pass before I come out. Most people do not understand this ....as everyone wants to be sociable connection to others ....but if you are true blue....when your making something you lock out the whole world and in your zone ....gluing, pasting .... thinking about new ways to do it, what if it has color, what can I add and what can I subtract and the list goes on... The chaos of creation....is wonder of life.
I completely understand. When I am working on a project and my husband passes the door to my work room he just keeps on walkin'.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:55 PM

I consider myself more of a craftsman than an artist. I will knit things for people if I feel like it and not worry about whatever money is involved. But I will not crank out things on demand for people who have no clue about the work or the materials involved.

I have gotten so used to interruptions that they have become part of the rhythm of my work. If I have uninterrupted time, I often have trouble focusing on one thing for the entire time. I spin until my arm hurts, I knit in spurts, I make candles when I must (all the problem-solving was done years ago).

I admire the carving of woods and eggs, but such things are way outside of my talents
Old 01-14-2015, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I admire the carving of woods and eggs, but such things are way outside of my talents
They'er only outside your talents because you haven't tried them.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:11 PM

I used to fiddle with woodblock prints when my eye was keener and my hand was steadier But not now. And eggs? I couldn't imagine carving eggs. That is just amazing!
Old 01-14-2015, 10:50 PM

Quote:
I used to fiddle with woodblock prints when my eye was keener and my hand was steadier But not now. And eggs? I couldn't imagine carving eggs. That is just amazing!

There is a lot of egg art that doesn't require carving.