BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Old 06-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default Knive customer service

My go to is a Becker (k-bar) Bk-9. I had lost one of the small bolts/nuts in the hanldle. I wrote them a a note asking about a replacement and they were really quick to replace it at no charge.

really good service you don't often see.

mo
Old 06-21-2013, 11:27 PM

Default Great knives, great service!

Another great company for knives is Bark River Knife and Tool. They make incredibly good working knives. As for customer service, send one of their knives back to them broken and they will replace it. Send them one that is dull and dirty, they will clean it and sharpen it.

Speaking of sharp, these knives are scary sharp convexed edges.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:36 PM
Master Pontificator

Default Add Buck Knives to that list also!

Another dated thread, but Buck is another knife company that has a very great customer oriented service and warranty policy.

I sent them an old 110 folding lock blade knife with the blade 90% broken off. I did not break the blade myself, the knife was in one of dads junk drawers. I placed it in my tool chest where it remained for another decade. I just never could quite make myself throw the old knife away, it was just to nice looking to throw it away.

After the first of the year I sent it back to Buck with a letter asking they advise me of the costs to repair/replace the blade. Never heard a thing, but about 60 days later I received the knife in the mail with a new blade replaced free of charge and the knife was polished or buffed to look like a new one, not that it look that bad when sent in.

It is very doubtful the broken blade was a quality or craftsmanship issue either one.

Regardless of one's brand preference, you are never disappointed with a quality product!