BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Self-Reliance & Preparedness > Self-reliance > Preparedness/Survival Skills/BOBs/Kits/Gear

Preparedness/Survival Skills/BOBs/Kits/Gear If it will help keep you going when TSHTF, talk about it here.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:11 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default Another TV opportunity:

I just received this email today:

We have Been Asked To Share

Do you have what it takes to survive in the wilderness? We have helped with shows on Discovery, NatGeo, TWC, and more. We would love to see some of our attendees showing the world how to get it done!
The following was sent for me to share:

My name is Lindsay Goyette and I'm a Casting Producer with Leftfield Entertainment, a full scale television production company that creates a number of programs for various cable networks, such as The History Channel, Discovery, A&E and National Geographic - including the international smash hit, "Pawn Stars."

Our latest project is an exciting new docu-series with a major cable network that asks the strongest self-reliance experts in the world a very simple question - how long could you survive alone in the wild? The series will feature a group of self-reliance experts as they brave the elements to survive on their terms with nothing but what they can carry on their backs. Their mission: to survive alone in the wild and document their journey every step of the way. We're looking for folks who want to prove that they have the skills, determination, willpower and mental strength to take part in the ultimate survival experience.No gimmicks. No film crew. No games.

The casting notice is attached, but if you have any questions or would like more information, please don't hesitate to call me at (212) 564-2607, ext 2399, or email me at Lindsay.Goy
Copyright 2015 The NSRO, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you may have expressed interest in learning more about the Self Reliance Expo.

Our mailing address is:
The NSROPO Box 74
Frederick, CO 80530
Old 04-15-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidOH View Post

No gimmicks. No film crew. No games.

I find this humorous given that the one show in their resume that they point to by name, Pawn Stars, is a show built upon gimmicks and games.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:28 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

So, you go into the wilderness with nothing but a backpack and a movie camera? Take pictures as ol' Joe gets his leg chewed by a bear?
Old 06-30-2015, 02:18 PM

I've been watching the show mentioned by the OP in this thread. I recognized three men from YouTube who's videos I've been watching for some time now. Its a good show and is putting some of the men in their place so to speak as the environment they've placed them in (Vancouver island) is pretty harsh. Will be interesting to see who wins and how long it takes. So far two guys who talked big were gone within two days.