BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > After Sunset > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests This board is ONLY for prayer requests from folks of all faiths.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:33 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Praying for you to know she is now at peace.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:59 AM

Death is nothing at all

Death is nothing at all,
I have only slipped away
into the next room.
I am I,
and you are you;
whatever we were to each other,
that, we still are.
Call me by my old familiar name,
speak to me in the easy way
which you always used,
put no difference in your tone,
wear no forced air
of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we shared together.
Let my name ever be
the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effect,
without the trace of a shadow on it.
Life means all
that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was.
There is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you,
for an interval,
somewhere very near,
just around the corner.
All is well.

Henry Scott Holland
1847 -1918
Old 05-26-2014, 12:31 AM
Master Pontificator

You did nothing wrong.... I heard the number of people who want to die at home not a medical place and around family is 87 percent or more. I know it is blessing for the person dying to die in manner that is important to them and I am know with in my heart she was happy and peaceful in your place. We all pass away....if we have a chance of where and how, it can be a peaceful passing. There was zero you did wrong....in fact you did all the right things. I lost my mom this year too, sure has not been easy....so I know the depth of feels that come. You just need to stop the what ifs, ... and understand that we all do the very best we can.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:31 PM

Otobe, don't beat your self up about this. I got a call a few months ago that my "adopted" mom was in the hospital and wasn't expected to last long. I flew up to see her one last time. Twenty minutes after I left the hospital she passed away. Her DIL said she was waiting for me to get there and even though she was in a coma she knew I had made it in time.

I agree with the opinion that your mother was were she felt comfortable in passing on. Sadly someday your sister will feel bad that your mother didn't feel wanted there. Caring for someone in that bad of health is not a easy job and she needs to remember that. It sucks the life out of you and your family.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:52 PM

Have you thought that it was/is a blessing for you? If she had died in florida, think of that. You got to spend time with her, do good things for her. That is a great blessing. I went home in March, mother turned 90. We had some good talks and I got to do things for her like putting lotion on her itchy back, which she really was appreciating. The last thing I did for her was to peel a pear and cut it into bite size pieces. And I got a couple of pictures of us sitting together and she eating the pear. When I said good bye to her sunday night I wondered if I would see her again next year. as it was, I had hardly gotten home when dear Daughter called that she had passed on very peacefully. I did not get to go to her funeral, which is bitter, but I got to see her and hug her goodbye. So you got to see your mother. Let go, be at peace,
Old 06-01-2014, 02:50 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. It's hard.

I lost my Dad unexpectedly 5 years ago. I had waves of grief for about a year, when I would see his jacket, his shoes, etc. I kept his insulin in the fridge for several years, that he had in his pocket when we took him to the hospital, before I could let it go. Don't be surprised by the waves of grief. They will come.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:51 PM

Those of us who have lost loved ones can feel your pain and are sorry for your loss. The grief will come on at the strangest times amd in the strangest places. The only way I have found to handle the grief is to remember the good times and happy times you had with that person.

Pax Vobiscum.
JR
Old 06-02-2014, 03:03 AM
Master Pontificator

I'm so very thankful for the kind words, thoughts and prayers from all who have posted here. This is the only forum that I posted to because I'm a very private person and didn't want to spread this all over the Internet. I can't say exactly why I posted it here, but I'm glad I did.

It's been 4 days shy of a month since Mom passed away and the pain is still with me. I'm traveling to Waynesville, NC on 6/9 to visit my aunts and cousins and to have a small, family only, memorial. Hopefully, that will bring some closure. Thanks again to all of you.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:53 PM

Default Prayers are with you all

Oh my, my heart goes out to all of you. I have lost both parents and a dear sister. Only my brother and I are left of our family. I miss my mom and sister very much especially the last few years when life became harder for me then I thought I could handle. I lost mom during that time. Mom lived in S. California so I didn't get to see her often. Her health wasn't good ever since my dad died in 2005. She had COPD, her heart was barely working, and she had asthma.

My husband and I renewed our vows in June of 2012. My mom being so ill I knew she wouldn't be able to come. But everyone in the family, other than me, knew my sister-in-law was bringing my mom. I nearly fell when I saw them. However, it also scared me because my mom's health was worse than I had realized. Come to find out her doctor didn't know she was flying to Idaho. She went from sea level to 5000 ft. Typical of my mom, she just didn't tell him what she was going to do. The doctor told my brother that it should have killed her. Nothing was going to stop her from being there for me.

Six months later mom passed away. I felt for a long time that it was my fault. My mom was 84 but if I was honest with myself, I knew she was lonely on this earth because she missed my dad. My brother told me there was nothing I could have done to stop her from coming to Idaho. He said it meant more to her to be there for me. She was so happy she was there and never stopped smiling or talking about how happy she made me. I will always miss her but I will always treasure that time.

My heart goes out to all of you. You will remain in my prayers. Shoot, I even pray for me because at times it is rough. God truly blessed my life with my family and I will treasure the memories forever. One of the best is the picture of my mom and me in June 2012.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB View Post
She was so happy she was there and never stopped smiling or talking about how happy she made me. I will always miss her but I will always treasure that time.
... and that is exactly what should be focused on. I hope those thoughts are always first and foremost in your mind.

After my Mother passed, I struggled with guilt for at least 5 years thinking about what I could have should have done. Now, almost 8 years after, I can finally think about my Mother and not feel guilt (at least, not the first thought).

What a wonderful thing, to finally be able to think of My Mother without guilt being the first thing that comes to my mind. I hope all others, who have lost a Parent, get to that same place.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Master Pontificator

The passing of a mother is always hard but in some circumstances it's even harder. I'm sorry things happened the way they did but I believe they happened the way they were supposed to. Your mom died under a canopy of love, which she felt she didn't have where she was before. What a blessing to pass feeling loved. Blessings as you grieve!