BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > After Sunset > Member Websites > Websites & Blogs

Websites & Blogs Informational, personal, and other non-business sites

Old 07-04-2016, 11:01 AM

Default Our journey towards a simple life

https://domesticfelicityblog.wordpress.com/

I'd love it if any of you take the time to visit my blog, where I write about our journey down the path towards a simpler, saner, more self-sustainable life. I write about anything home and family related, as well as gardening, keeping chickens, homeschooling, healthy cooking, and more.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

No idea you lived in Israel. Your story reminds me of our family many years ago--raising children, homeschooling (we started when it was against the law in most of the U.S.), and small farming with goats and other critters. Good luck on your journey forward!
Old 07-05-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doninalaska View Post
No idea you lived in Israel. Your story reminds me of our family many years ago--raising children, homeschooling (we started when it was against the law in most of the U.S.), and small farming with goats and other critters. Good luck on your journey forward!
Thank you!
Old 07-09-2016, 10:16 PM
Master Pontificator

No way! I used to read your blog in the past Anna, when it was on Blogger. It's a small world. I stopped reading it after a while simply because it was hard to keep up with so many blogs, but I am adding it back to my blog list right now. How nice to see you here at Backwoods Home.
Save
Old 07-10-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherCharlotte View Post
No way! I used to read your blog in the past Anna, when it was on Blogger. It's a small world. I stopped reading it after a while simply because it was hard to keep up with so many blogs, but I am adding it back to my blog list right now. How nice to see you here at Backwoods Home.
Save
How cool to meet old friends!! I completely get what you're saying about it being hard to follow many blogs. I only follow a handful now, because it really is overwhelming and being on the computer CAN get addictive - minutes just slip by and before you know it, I've been online an hour, dinner is late, the children fighting and the garden unkempt. So I really try to prioritize. Thanks for stopping by!
Old 07-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallFlocksMom View Post
.... and the garden unkempt.
Most people wouldn't have spelled that word correctly. You must be an intellectual.

An intellectual is someone who can listen to The William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger.

Last edited by doc; 07-10-2016 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:59 AM
Master Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallFlocksMom View Post
How cool to meet old friends!! I completely get what you're saying about it being hard to follow many blogs. I only follow a handful now, because it really is overwhelming and being on the computer CAN get addictive - minutes just slip by and before you know it, I've been online an hour, dinner is late, the children fighting and the garden unkempt. So I really try to prioritize. Thanks for stopping by!
Yes, I love it when I meet someone somewhere on the Internet that I know from somewhere else. That happened to me recently, when I met up with someone on a homeschooling forum, who used to be a regular reader of my blog years ago (I no longer blog).

I don't think I commented much on your blog Anna, so you probably wouldn't know me from the past. But as I "know" you, I think it's really neat to see you here.

Yes, being on the computer is addictive for me. I am always cutting down on the blogs I read in an effort to spend less time on the Internet, but then I remember old blogs I loved and I add them back again. Oh well. At least I make an effort.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Most people wouldn't have spelled that word correctly. You must be an intellectual.

An intellectual is someone who can listen to The William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger.
No, doc, it's just that English isn't my first language, so I try harder for correct grammar and spelling. )

I only have a vague notion of who William Tell is.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:58 AM
Master Pontificator

You can't tell that English isn't your first language. I wouldn't have guessed that.