BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > After Sunset > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests This board is ONLY for prayer requests from folks of all faiths.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:39 AM

Default Lost My Job...

Today I was fired after three months at a new employer. My previous employer let me go after 14 months, so this is the second job I've lost in as many years.

Please pray that I find direction. I don't want to go back to work, I want to begin to homestead full time.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:01 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Prayers headed your way. Follow your passion!
Old 04-16-2017, 06:27 PM
Master Pontificator

What every direction you choose to travel, I wish you the very best and will place you on the prayer list.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:16 PM
Master Pontificator

Sorry about the job situation. Seems there are many in that position right now. Do you have the means to work the homestead fulltime, or some way to make money from the homestead? Try thinking out of the box, you might be surprised what you come up with! Good luck!
Old 05-27-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo2uniform View Post
Today I was fired after three months at a new employer. My previous employer let me go after 14 months, so this is the second job I've lost in as many years.

Please pray that I find direction. I don't want to go back to work, I want to begin to homestead full time.
How are you doing since your post? Have you found the direction you needed?
Old 05-27-2017, 10:38 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfoot View Post
How are you doing since your post? Have you found the direction you needed?
YES!

I regret that I did not see this when it was first posted, but I hope that you are doing much better now.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:23 PM
Master Pontificator

I've been wondering also. Hope things are looking up and the homestead is prospering!
Old 10-03-2017, 06:59 PM

Default My Apologies (Update)

I apologize for the delay in responding / updating. I had forgotten about this post.

First, many thanks to you all for your prayers and concern. That really does mean the world to me. I gave up on myself but you didn't give up on me. Thank you.

I encountered even more hideous circumstances after that post was written, I got a job and was quickly dismissed which lead to another 4 months without work. That really messed with my head. Being without work is awful not only in terms of economics, but in terms of self-perception. I don't like not being productive.

Fortunately, I found work. As I describe in my other post, circumstances are not ideal, but this is much better than being unemployed. I'll survive.

The bad things is that I have lost my ability to dream. I used to use my homestead plans as a balm and salve for my mind when things got tough. Now I question my ability to make those dreams come true.

I am not a quitter and I am tough. I just have never lived, in my entire 50 years, without a dream or goal.

I suppose my goal now is to have goals.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:47 PM
Master Pontificator

So sorry for the situation you find yourself in. I'm sure being out of work messes with your head, but you are just one of many. A friend of mine has been going through that viscious cycle of working/not working for almost 4 years now. It certainly is demoralizing. But keep your head up. If you know the circumstances behind why you were let go, (ie. "last in, first out") then you know it isn't because of something you've done or not done.

Just keep plugging away. And hang onto your dream of homesteading. When times get tough it's the homesteaders who survive.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:24 PM

Default Ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryMom22 View Post
So sorry for the situation you find yourself in. I'm sure being out of work messes with your head, but you are just one of many. A friend of mine has been going through that viscious cycle of working/not working for almost 4 years now. It certainly is demoralizing. But keep your head up. If you know the circumstances behind why you were let go, (ie. "last in, first out") then you know it isn't because of something you've done or not done.

Just keep plugging away. And hang onto your dream of homesteading. When times get tough it's the homesteaders who survive.
I feel for your friend whose had the 4 years of trouble, mine has only been two years.

I found that when I was in the service that I usually wanted to quit whatever school or training I was taking at any given time. I also found out, because I never quit, that if I just didn't quit, it would either get better or be over.

And I've learned a lot, too, it's valuable to know your weaknesses.

Thank you for the kind words.