BHM Forum      
Subscribe to Backwoods Home Magazine print or Kindle editions
Office Hours Momday - Friday  8 am - 5 pm Pacific 1-800-835-2418

Facebook   YouTube   Twitter
Follow Us!



 
Backwoods Home Magazine, self-reliance, homesteading, off-grid

Features
 Home Page
 Current Issue
 Article Index
 Author Index
 Previous Issues
 Newsletter
 Letters
 Humor
 Free Stuff
 Recipes
 Print Classifieds

General Store
 Ordering Info
 Subscriptions
 Kindle Subscriptions
 ePublications
 Anthologies
 Books
 Back Issues
 Help Yourself
 All Specials
 Classified Ad

Advertise
 Web Site Ads
 Magazine Ads

BHM Blogs
 Ask Jackie Clay
 Massad Ayoob
 Claire Wolfe
 James Kash
 Where We Live
 Behind The Scenes
 Dave on Twitter
Retired Blogs
 Oliver Del Signore
 David Lee
 Energy Questions
 Bramblestitches

Quick Links
 Home Energy Info
 Jackie Clay
 Ask Jackie Online
 Dave Duffy
 Massad Ayoob
 John Silveira
 Claire Wolfe

Forum / Chat
 Forum/Chat Info
 Enter Forum
 Lost Password

More Features
 Meet The Staff
 Contact Us/
 Change of Address
 Write For BHM
 Privacy Policy

Retired Features
 Country Moments
 Feedback
 Links
 Radio Show





  
 

BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum
Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser.

   

Go Back   BHM Forum > Homesteading > Conversations

Conversations Pass the time with friends and neighbors. Bring your own coffee.
Please, no Political and/or Current Events posts not directly related to homesteading.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Tightwad
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Booze & Ammo......

Enjoy!! ;D ;D ;D (turn the sound on and UP!!)

http://crass.on.ru/flash/aaa-1.html

[red]This belongs on the Humor board. That's why we have one. Next time, please use it. --admin[/red]
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 11-16-2006, 06:30 PM
Mark_and_Nicole
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

is this how you perceive us rural americans?

Mark

[red]It was a joke. Why are you trying to start a fight over it? -- admin[/red]
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-16-2006, 07:49 PM
Slugger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

[s]More trolling eh TW............ :[/s]

[red]Name-calling is not permitted. Are you trying to get yourself banned? -- admin[/red]
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Tightwad
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

You people are absolutely incredible. A person
can't even bring some humor to you folk's without
taking it a twisting it to some anal purpose.

Is seems to me that the owners of this forum have
some real soul searching to do if this is the crowd
you attract. Not matter what the say about me
(I seem to be the favored whipping boys to the
folk's here) I'm of the growing opinion that Dave
& Oliver made a mistake turning this forum back
on. What a mob...........
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-16-2006, 08:55 PM
RangerRick RangerRick is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,854
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

[s]Socialist pond scum - pure and simple, very simple.[/s]

Ranger Rick

[red]Name-calling is not permitted. Are you trying to get yourself banned? -- admin[/red]
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Booker
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

[s]TW,

Don't you have anything better to do with your time. Perhaps stuffing envelopes for the Communist party? ;D

Booker[/s]

[red]If you don't have something positive to contribute, save us all the bandwidth. -- admin[/red]
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-16-2006, 09:13 PM
oldnndway oldnndway is offline
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Deep South East Texas
Posts: 448
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

Hah ... that was pretty funny !

Tightwad ... I think I know that ol boy !
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-16-2006, 09:13 PM
oldnndway oldnndway is offline
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Deep South East Texas
Posts: 448
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

Shoot ... it COULD be me !
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Shadow Shadow is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 46
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

thanks Tightwad, people that have a problem with the joke just need a better since of humor.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-16-2006, 10:26 PM
GREEN_ALIEN's Avatar
GREEN_ALIEN GREEN_ALIEN is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Eastern South Dakota
Posts: 162
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

LOL FUNNY AS HELL.

NO WAY it could have been you old, thats me!

Good joke TW but... yup there is a but.... We have a humor board way down near the bottom of the list.

Ted
Crabapple Ranch
__________________
Real men have stood on yellow footprints!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-16-2006, 10:41 PM
alma alma is offline
Passed On
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: kearyneysville, w.va.
Posts: 4,219
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

Thanks tightwad.
Keep on keepin on. Many of us have had the same response to a lot of things we have said.

Yeah, there sure is some fancy ganging up on this here forum at times.

Dont let it get to you.

I even got banned for a week once for responding to someone who was really putting me through the ringer, big time, so just let the water run right off my back now, and hope you will learn to do the same.

Don''t let anyone provoke you so much that they will cause you to be banned, too.

You have some intersting things to say, and i appreciate hearing everyone's point of view, whether i agree totally or not.

That''s how we learn and teach one another to be tolerant and learn a few thing about ethics and civility that the schools just didn't get around to teaching us.

Incidently, I thought the clip was corny. Just like the jokes my hubby is always telling. love, alma

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Tightwad
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN_ALIEN
LOL FUNNY AS HELL.

NO WAY it could have been you old, thats me!

Good joke TW but... yup there is a but.... We have a humor board way down near the bottom of the list.

Ted
Crabapple Ranch

Really glad you enjoyed it. Yes, I know that there is a "humor"
board but ,this time, I wanted to share this funny with as many
as I could 'cause with all these new boards "humor" doesn't get
as much traffic as "General" does. That was kinda my point in the
other thread about to many forums.........traffic per board is an issue.
I'll let Dave & Oliver sort that one out now.

Anyway, glad you and others have enjoyed this funny. ;D ;D
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Tightwad
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

Quote:
Originally Posted by alma
Thanks tightwad.
Keep on keepin on. Many of us have had the same response to a lot of things we have said.

Yeah, there sure is some fancy ganging up on this here forum at times.

Don't let it get to you.

I even got banned for a week once for responding to someone who was really putting me through the ringer, big time, so just let the water run right off my back now, and hope you will learn to do the same.

Don''t let anyone provoke you so much that they will cause you to be banned, too.

You have some interesting things to say, and i appreciate hearing everyone's point of view, whether i agree totally or not.

That''s how we learn and teach one another to be tolerant and learn a few thing about ethics and civility that the schools just didn't get around to teaching us.

Incidental, I thought the clip was corny. Just like the jokes my hubby is always telling. love, alma
You are a sweet lady,mate. My only goal was to share yet the "mob"
had to throw out some sour comments that not only I but others
must wade through to comment on or enjoy this funny.
(I call them the "mob" because there seems to be a small group of
of the same members who are involved)

The one thing I just don't understand is why admin does nothing
visible to take control of these members who just have to rip at other
members for the sake of ripping.

THIS could be such a great forum if only the "mob" would lighten
up and just discuss topics instead of launching long personal attack
diatribes against those that hold different viewpoints.

That said, until admin decides to get involved,if ever, I will continue
to post for folk's like you who just want to "chew the fat" about
issues of the day.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-17-2006, 02:05 PM
oldnndway oldnndway is offline
Inactive Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Deep South East Texas
Posts: 448
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

This IS a great forum.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-17-2006, 02:16 PM
jim jim is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,197
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

I have no problem with your original post, but calling us a mob because we disagree with you is being entirely unreasonable. You too make personal attacks, and have no right to expect us to accept what you say just because you said it. You only have the right to free speech, not the right to be taken seriously.

jim

[red]When several people gang up on one person, that qualifies a mob. Anyone who does not like what other members post would be well advised to use the IGNORE button, lest they find themselves banned. -- admin[/red]
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-17-2006, 02:41 PM
Tightwad
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim
I have no problem with your original post, but calling us a mob because we disagree with you is being entirely unreasonable. You too make personal attacks, and have no right to expect us to accept what you say just because you said it. You only have the right to free speech, not the right to be taken seriously.

jim
When what I say is taken out of context it's easy to spin it in a
direction unintended as was done here.

The "mob" I speak of is the only polite way I know of that speaks of
a very few members without making it personal. Are you included
in the "mob"? I can't say. Your behavior will speak for you.

It's also true that I have no right ,nor does anyone else here, to
expect acceptance of my point of view but I do have a right to expect
polite civil dicussion not the personal attacks the 'mob' launches at
every opportuinty.

I also agree that I , as all here do, have the right to voice my opinion
in a polite civil manner no matter if it's taken seriously or not. I also
hold the right to not be attacked when the reader disagrees and
does not take my opinion seriously. Way to many here seem
to hold the notion that this is their party and only those who agree
100% with them are invited.

"Old" is right that this IS a great forum which is why I won't let the
"mob" to cause me to leave. However, Any great forum can always
get better along with more sharing of knowledge & viewpoints.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-17-2006, 03:57 PM
GREEN_ALIEN's Avatar
GREEN_ALIEN GREEN_ALIEN is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Eastern South Dakota
Posts: 162
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad


Really glad you enjoyed it. Yes, I know that there is a "humor"
board but ,this time, I wanted to share this funny with as many
as I could 'cause with all these new boards "humor" doesn't get
as much traffic as "General" does. That was kinda my point in the
other thread about to many forums.........traffic per board is an issue.
I'll let Dave & Oliver sort that one out now.

Anyway, glad you and others have enjoyed this funny. ;D ;D
Not to take away from the fact that the joke was funny TW, but in your post you basically say you blatantly ignored the policy of this forum when you posted a joke here instead of the proper location all because Humor see so little traffic.
You intentionally created work for Oliver, you intentionally ignored policy, you intentionally took up space all because your post was important or should I say more important. Then you go on to call us all a mob, again.
Dude, I thought you had learned something but alas it is not so. You broke the rules just like anyone else!
The joke was funny, this is not and I could give a crap less if I get suspended calling a rat a rat. Like an illegal says "new name, new green card"

Ted
Crabapple Ranch

__________________
Real men have stood on yellow footprints!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Txanne's Avatar
Txanne Female Txanne is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SE Texas
Posts: 13,368
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

Yawnnnnnnnnnnn!!

Good for the goose--and good for the gander.

[red]If you don't have something positive to contribute, save us all the bandwidth. -- admin[/red]
__________________
TROUBLE RIDES A FAST HORSE
CASUS BELLI
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Tightwad
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN_ALIEN

Not to take away from the fact that the joke was funny TW, but in your post you basically say you blatantly ignored the policy of this forum when you posted a joke here instead of the proper location all because Humor see so little traffic.
You intentionally created work for Oliver, you intentionally ignored policy, you intentionally took up space all because your post was important or should I say more important. Then you go on to call us all a mob, again.
Dude, I thought you had learned something but alas it is not so. You broke the rules just like anyone else!
The joke was funny, this is not and I could give a crap less if I get suspended calling a rat a rat. Like an illegal says "new name, new green card"

Ted
Crabapple Ranch

: : : :
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-17-2006, 06:15 PM
nancy1340
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Booze & Ammo......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad


"Old" is right that this IS a great forum which is why I won't let the
"mob" to cause me to leave.

Hummmmmmm That almost sounds familiar, doesn't it Annie?

I love a challange. ;D

[red]Be very careful you don't challenge yourself into banishment. I am not going to tolerate another vendetta in this forum.

If you don't have something positive to contribute, save us all the bandwidth. -- admin[/red]

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -2. The time now is 06:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1996 to Present. Backwoods Home Magazine, Inc.