BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Forum > Hellos & Happy Birthdays

Hellos & Happy Birthdays New members, please use this board to introduce yourselves. Been gone awhile? Let your friends here know you're back! Is it somone's birthday? Wish 'em a happy one!

Old 02-11-2009, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Sabine Homestead looking for friend

Hey man have you ever thought of teaching classes on homesteacing,, place ad in paper they pay you for you to teach them,,, do in seasonal increments so many weeks during certain seasons
a vacation lodge where i used to work would put together packages for 2-3 nite stays for landscaping in the spring
the guest stay just like for a regular seasonal guests but they would help landscape around the cabins they actually stayed in ,, all the plants and flowers were provided by the lodge.. ordered ahead of time.. mostly women came to these projects and they had so much fun and made so many friends,, think abou it
Old 03-02-2009, 08:49 AM

Hi Silvergramma , that is a very good idea , i would like doing that , i will have to look at setting it up , Thank You Very Much ,,,, mike
Old 03-02-2009, 11:10 AM

hey there its a fine bright morning here suns not up yet but the colors are nice,,,soft tangerines and pinks and lavenders.. over the treeline.. was wondering what you use for cheesemaking..molds and such...i've heard some folks use pvc pipes cut to specifics but i wouldnt want that leeching into my food..if our winters arent too bad there have you considered aquaculture yet?? Pray for the helpers you need...Mike gonna be a lot of people needing you in times to come,,they'll show up..saw mine comin to me in a dream last night.. gonna get worse.. be ready..good luck,, join us in chat if you can.. usually in chat room by 9:30 central... see ya there.. good people in there exchanging ideas..more andmore joining the forum on a daily basis
Old 03-03-2009, 10:04 AM

Another very nice day , Hi Silvergramma , thanks for writing and your Good thoughts , im just learning about cheese making and am gitting my stuff to gether , but stanless steel is the way to go , a must if you plan on doing it a lot and wish to some day sell it . there are some grate places that have classes on it and other things too , look up on your computer , homestead heritege , its in the waco texas area . where are you living ? As for Aquaculture dont need it here , i live next to toledo bend lake very very big , lots of fish to eat , sell , or uses as fertilizer for the garden , out in the back pasture i have a 55 gallon drum full of fish fretilizer that i made last summer for this years use . Where is the chat room you talked about , i mostly go to bed before that time , but i would stay up to try that , thank you agean for writing and have a very good day ,,,, mike