BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Forum > Hellos & Happy Birthdays

Hellos & Happy Birthdays New members, please use this board to introduce yourselves. Been gone awhile? Let your friends here know you're back! Is it somone's birthday? Wish 'em a happy one!

Old 01-26-2009, 03:10 AM

Default Hello from Southern WI

I am new here stopped to look for a stone knife and found many other interesting topics!
I am a single mother that helps caretake 134 acres with horses, milk goats, and chickens. I also home school my 6 yr old daughter. I'm excited to learn from all the wonderful people here! and thank you to all that have been helpful already!! Thank you!
I am looking for the future to head somewhere not so cold so if anyone has any suggestions of a wonderful landscape with not so cold conditions, and goodhearted neighbors please let me know.
And also looking for a goodhearted, hardworking, handsome, sober gentleman. Hey, I found the perfect knife right away thought I'd throw this out there too!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default Re: Hello from Southern WI

Welcome to the forums.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Master Pontificator

Welcome from the great state of Texas.
Michael
Old 01-27-2009, 06:44 PM

Welcome from your homeschoolin' neighbor in MN. Glad to meet you, and welcome to the forum!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:31 PM

Thank you to all above!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:33 AM

hello there ,, wisconsin cant be that bad,,, i'm up here near the Canadian border ...hellacious prairie winds...but hey welcome.. anything we can do you just hollar north dakota here
Old 01-29-2009, 03:26 PM

Welcome 2angels LOL usually I would say head for Ark for some mild winters...but LOL doesn't seem too "hip" being under this ice all week so far.....but most years not a bad climate. Good place to raise kids though I think. Glad you joined us.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:49 AM

Thank you! You did get some bad storms did you make it thru ok? Have you lived there long? Did you raise kids down there? What is the town you live by like?
Old 01-30-2009, 02:16 AM

Yes very bad ice storms listened for days to all the trees and limbs breaking ...wow sounds like gun shots all over the place as they broke. Entire county still out of power even the big town (closest one pop.-2000)-about 25 miles away. still out of power. went today to see how things were no power anywhere in county. Have my generator going and usually stocked up for several weeks of power outage since I am so far off beaten trail. Trees and power lines every where on roads was quite a bit of manuvering on my little road trip today...and LOL was glad I had 4 wheel drive to make it back up icey mountain roads. Then again when mother nature has her winter ways up here we tend to be out a ways so it takes them a while to get back to us....Nice small town here folk music capital of ozarks. Nice rivers and lakes and national forests all over this part of state . Been living in this area for about 23 years I guess. Raised 4 step children here back when I was still married...home schooled twin girls (youngest ones).The homeschooling was fun both girls were master gardeners by age 14 and we had them do a lot of volunteer work in food rooms and volunteer groups for part of their home schooling...they loved it. Started them a little green house buisness on the side as well. It was quite interesting ....LOL think I miss them more than the ex for most part LOL..guess that sounds bad..not meant to be. She was a nice lady for most part.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:34 PM

It sounds like you will handle the storm well! I was in the ozarks once in the summer I had a hard time driving then couldn't imagine in the storm. It sounds beautiful! we have that here near me too.....just alot of people and close to Chicago and the people are not as kind sometimes. That is great about the kids you stepped up to help with them!! I would love to here other things you did with them! Are they grown now? I do hope with all you helped them with they would still come and visit you!!? and no I don't think it sounds bad...kids always hold a different place in your heart. Everyone they come in contact with has a great part in a childs life! So I do hope they still keep contanct with you. it wasn't their fault your not married...we'll it doen't sound that way

I heard once that men get married not looking for change and a woman marries hoping to change. I beleive if one or the other wouldn't just settle and be true to themselves they could be true to the other and you may have true love.......