BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Forum > Hellos & Happy Birthdays

Hellos & Happy Birthdays New members, please use this board to introduce yourselves. Been gone awhile? Let your friends here know you're back! Is it somone's birthday? Wish 'em a happy one!

Old 11-10-2008, 01:07 AM

Default Hi, y'all!

Hi everyone...

I suppose since I've already posted here & there a few times, it's about time I introduced myself.

I'm Jo...from central Virginia...mom of 2...wife of 1. :P I'm a native of SW Virginia (love those Blue Ridge Mountains!!), but I've also lived on Lake Erie in NW Ohio (beautiful country), as well as here in Richmond.

I'm here to meet a few folks whose views and goals are similar to mine. Ideally, I'll find a few reasonably nearby to get our families together for good times. But if I don't...that's okay, too.

Here are a few issues near & dear to me:

Homeschooling - I'd really love to meet some other homeschoolers...discuss challenges (& fears that our new president will make it so much harder for us!)

Canning & preserving - this is new to me, but I'm already getting some good insight & tips from the regulars on that board (thanks, guys!).

First & Second Amendment Rights - let's not let them be bygones!

Politics - I love a spirited (but fair) debate!

Crafting - my daughter and I do a few crafts together...plastic canvas, cross-stitch, etc. As a SAHM, I'd love to parlay that into some part-time income. Suggestions or opinions on that are welcome! ;D

Frugal Living - who DOESN'T want to keep more of their money??

Gardening - maybe I'll find a cure for my brown thumb from all those great tips & advice from "the ones who KNOW."

And, of course...
General Homesteading - although I've wanted most of my life to live self-sustaining & off the grid, I've never actually sought to MAKE my life just that (I have no excuse!!). I decided, in light of the direction our country has gone in the last decade, it's about time I brought my dream to reality--or at least work toward it!

I guess that's me in a nutshell.
Jo
Old 11-10-2008, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Hi, y'all!

Welcome and glad to meet you Jo.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:37 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default Re: Hi, y'all!

Hello. I noticed we share many of the same intrest. I'm a SAHM. I'm also a homeschooling, crafty, food preserving gun nut that lives in Fredericksburg ;D. Welcome to the forum.