BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Forum > Hellos & Happy Birthdays

Hellos & Happy Birthdays New members, please use this board to introduce yourselves. Been gone awhile? Let your friends here know you're back! Is it somone's birthday? Wish 'em a happy one!

Old 10-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Inactive Member

Default Re: Get it together

We post looking for a local family or two to work with. We never said we gave orders, AT ALL. Again some of you engage your mouth before consulting your brains. We do have requirements and so would you if you were doing this. Just as a person/couple would have needs as well. We have already adjusted some of the guidelines in the past to accommodate them. They showed they were worth it. We have enough on board to get by, but a few more would be better. Me angry Hardly, you don't know me, but I do not ever have a problem addressing people who comment about something that they were not invited to chip in about nor really understand and start tell others what they are doing wrong. All we posted for and really want is someone up here interested in taking it to the next step, such as more emailing and maybe meeting up. From there we see if things will work between us, nice and slow. It is to them that take the time to understand what we are all doing that I/we will take input from, not some un-informed arm chair observer thinking they understand it all, so now they have an opinion? You have no idea at all. The details of what is going on we generally get into with "serious" people. Like everyday we have a common meal and every couple or family must have someone present. Others are on watch. At that time we discuss new ideas, re-think what we are doing, adapt, plan and do. I am not KING here but I have built the whole damn thing and know how it works. So in that give credit where credit is due. This is private property and we sure aren't going to be dividing it up so everyone has their own little "piece" of it... are for real or what? It is a place for you to run to in order to get team support to survive, not claim some foolish form of entitlements of land ownership. We need each other, but in the end... two weeks, two months or whenever...you pack up and leave. If your home burnt down you still don't get apiece of our Ranch to start over on. You can go it alone (in your minds) running through the countryside all year, if you really see yourself playing that loser game. Let's see... it gets down to 15 degrees below, here at times, then snow can get above your waste in a few days, deer and elk are long gone, water if frozen, you leave tracks marking where you are, you can not even start a fire because that will reveal your lonely position, you live in your dream world right now seeing yourself surviving it all from the comfort of you living room. The wolves will eat your remains. All we did here was post a wanted ad, right. Like we are posting locally for a German Shepherd to go with the others we have roaming our Ranch. Do we want someone to call us up and tell us we should not be doing that, or German Shepherds aren't as good as another type dog they like more, or whatever... I would hope not. If we did we would have written into Ann Landers or something like that, geeze... Maybe the editor here has a different site that one can post an add on and to where every Tom, Dick and Harry doesn't come out of the woodwork chipping in their two cents worth. Thanks but no thanks, We reserve that privilege for the real "serious" people already living nearby interested in a group effort to make it and make it in style and comfort. After they take the time to learn more about it all, then they will have the understanding to formulate intelligent observations. I no more could or should begin to tell any of you what to do or not to do to survive based on what I know about you from these posts. One more time please.. this is a want AD, not a comment AD. It would sure be nice to come to this site and see a posting from a local that was interested and even had a remote chance of working it out with the rest of us. What gets old here is.... all you know it alls talking so tough about how smart, preparded and well off you are in all this and how we are all wrong? That is fine if we had posted we were looking for reviews on our operation, which is already in effect. This is not about a plan we have, it is about something we all already have in place, are in agreement about and tested. It is not about whatever some of you "think" about it. Now that might come as a shock to you but... we just don't care about what you are up to, wherever you are. I see plenty of ads like ours and other types on another site and we would never waste their time to respond to them in Florida or Calif. or some other State telling them what they are doing wrong. What is it with you girls anyway, don't you have a life to attend to....
Old 10-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Inactive Member

once again you dont get it, we do not care about your operation or your plan, some folks here believe you have put yoursself at risk posting an ad like this thats all, you disagree and that is fine, you posted on an open forum for discussion not a classified ad, if you put yourself out there then you have to expect feed back. no matter what your plan is or how well thought out there are always improvements that can be made, it was suggested that you should be very careful with this particular part of it and you have done nothing but talk down to everyone who has disagreed with your post, i am sorry to be so blunt but it is my way, your attitude would never allow a person like me to follow you and i truly believe you are setting yourself up for failure, you are searching for sheeple who will follow you and will protect what is yours without question, you are not going to find people who are truly preparing for survival who will do that, they are fighters, they have been in this mindset their whole lives, and are not going to follow blindly into the pit, but you already know these things, you think this way yourself, why is it you dont understand it from others, basically you are asking others to do something you are not prepared to do yourself, you can not lead from the back. you keep talking about a situation that last a couple of months yet you are prepared for years, you say some kind of natural dissaster or the like but it sounds like you are prepared the end of the world as we know it and are looking for a force multiplier, nothing wrong with that, so what exactly is you are trying to do here, i am just trying to sort this out.

arrogance has been the downfall of many a man, including myself, yours flows through your post like the wind
Old 10-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

A blog or forum is for discussion. Ads do not belong in blogs and are usually forbidden or exorcised.
If you didn't want discussion, you should've posted an ad. Since you posted your "ad" here, you received discussion.

Site Ads:
http://www.backwoodshome.com/docs/adinfo.html
Trading Post Ads:
http://www.backwoodshome.com/store/f...ingpostad.html
Print Issue Ads:
http://www.backwoodshome.com/docs/adinfoprint.html
Printed Classified Ads:
http://www.backwoodshome.com/classifieds.pdf
Old 10-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Ya know what, Pal.. I'm about tired of your insults. You don't have a clue of anything or anyone on this board. You "Talk" a tough game but I seriously don't believe that you could carry my tools around for a day. You seem to believe that you are the only game in town.. Guess what, Buddy.. You are totally WRONG! You're "I'm smarter than you guys" attitude makes me sick quite frankly..

Go post your bile somewhere else..
*Robert Frost*
Old 10-24-2007, 01:49 PM

Nah, 12Vman. Let him stay.

I know a lot of folks who talk and post to forums who are just like him. Most retire to Sun City developments and tell everyone how they were CEOs of huge companies, and they know better than anyone else how to do everything right. Every time they type or talk, you can see them for exactly what they are. People need to know that there will be people like serious out there as well, believing devoutly in what they are doing, making provisions for what they see as a 'temporary' glitch, cause nothing really bad ever happens for any length of time. Those folks who still can't build in NO two years after the fact? That's their own fault and their own problem. The sturdy folk who had their guns confiscated "for their own safety" by the National Guard and police in NO, that took a year to get them back - a year where they had to move away because they could not protect themselves? And most guns couldn't be returned after that year, because the owners had to move away and couldn't be found? That was their fault for having registered guns. Any upheaval is temporary; whether its Yellowstone blowing its top, the swapping of the magnetic poles, any terroristic invasion over the Canadian or Mexican borders, that ex-volcano in the Canary Islands finally falling into the Atlantic and changing the whole NA coastline - all temporary; we will be saved. All we need do is survive the first year or less. And he has the key - temporarily, mind you.

All I can picture is "Bordertown" from the Mad Max movie whenever I read what similar people write now. Oh, well - people like him have been interesting characters in apocalypse movies for years. What great protagonists they make! Although I'm willing to bet Tina Turner still has the best legs of all of 'em...
Old 10-24-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious
but I do not ever have a problem addressing people who comment about something that they were not invited to chip in about nor really understand and start tell others what they are doing wrong.

If your home burnt down you still don't get apiece of our Ranch to start over on.
I give up some people are just to dang ignorant

Definition of forum from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
a public meeting or lecture involving audience discussion
Old 10-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Inactive Member

Hi you all, "serious" here. Up to now this has become a comment section on what we have done and are willing to offer to share with others. Not a one of you has any interest in becoming part of it, you seem to think we truly care about your endless, meaningless opinions on something that you not only do not understand, nor wish to partake in, nor would be ALLOWED to visit. So for all of you busy bodies, NO COMMENT.. as you are not worth it....Bye for now and still checking in once in a awhile to see if a REAL "serious" person answers. We went fishing again today in our big new boat to stock up on Rainbow Trout for the winter ahead. We do stuff while ypou all arm chair judge.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Inactive Member

Hi you all, "serious" here. Up to now this has become a comment section on what we have done and are willing to offer to share with others. Not a one of you has any interest in becoming part of it, you seem to think we truly care about your endless, meaningless opinions on something that you not only do not understand, nor wish to partake in, nor would be ALLOWED to visit. So for all of you busy bodies, NO COMMENT.. as you are not worth it....Bye for now and still checking in once in a awhile to see if a REAL "serious" person answers. We went fishing again today in our big new boat to stock up on Rainbow Trout for the winter ahead. We do stuff while ypou all arm chair judge.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Inactive Member

Serious here. We do not know what might or could happen, neither do you. For us and our growing group we can lock down and stay put for two years, run generators with fuel stored, eat well, have meds, and fresh fish from our huge well stocked pond, fresh eggs, way out there in nere never land, a whole bunch of non informed ego driven fools judging us. No, you are wrong there, we are not from Ca. and we were raised right here in Idaho. Wealth to survive.... then... well several million could help and it will. We depart from all you "arm chair judges" and move on to real folks with real work done and need a place to weather it out. We might need four people at this point, but that number is dropping by the week. Go ahead and poo... whooo us with your childish comments We are already 90% done, are you???? Do you have four year wood cut and ready, five saws, splitter and hundreds of acres of forests???? Are you secluded?? Do you have a great remote neighbohood support group? Master gunsmiths??? Cover suport??? Do you rule the night, night after night. What are you going to do when your batteries for you rnight vision (gen. four I mean) goes dead, for the next three years???? What a bunch of girls. I can only hope for a real well prepared family or couple to show up. In these circle there are 99% blow hards and 1% real men and women. You are in the 1% if and only if you have it all done and set up. Did you spend tens of thousands and organize or spend a couple hundred at walmart and talk a lot??? From now on we delete all fools and look for real folks ready, set up but lack a bug out site...right here in good old North Idaho. Land of the free and well prepared. We truly do not expect much from this site anymore. This seems to be Mrs Manners or Anne Landers. If we decide to respond in the future we will address your handle and either say "deleted" or look for further communications. The second option is not much expected. We will die as you will, but we truly try hard to survive for now.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Inactive Member

the fact that you judge others and myself to be "fools" is a teatament to your arrogance, i have spent a lot of time being underestimated by arrogant people like yourself, never once to be defeated, keep underestimating people and you will lose everything, your army of sheeple is no match for the real men and women you so arrogantly demean and dismiss as novice unprepared armchair quarterbacks.

the fact that i disagree with you posting an invatation on a public forum or believe that your badgering is unwarranted does not make me any less than you, it should provide an opportunity for discussion where people have a chance to learn new things.

as far as the "girls" on this site, i think if you had to face one of these women you would crap your pants!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 12:34 AM
Inactive Member

You know after going over all this B.S. that came from some pretenters posting their unwanted comments about a simple ad to help folks that might need a hand or support.. we have decided to pull out. It is not dangerous to us because we remian hidden. No one here warrants a contact from our group. You all can judge us but Who cares??? You all seem to have your macho manly handles sort of like cartoon people you know. Masked avenger, lone ranger, wonder woman, super fool, green hornet....azsavage/ wiley coyote? what a bunch of children. What we have found is the vast majority of so called "survivalists" are make believe wanna bees that don't have hardly two dimes to rub together, let along truly set up a real time, fully equpped, safe ranch to hang out at. Most of you we have found are renters or live in mobile homes. Wanna bee tough guys. Well we will now leave you all to your make believe little world of blogging behind the masks you want others to see you as. Problem for you is... staying here proves our point....we have no masks and you have NO LIFE. Bye
Old 10-25-2007, 01:14 AM
Inactive Member

ROFLMAO........YOU ARE A RIOT, more fun than most, more easilty rattled, good luck.

for the record, AZSAVAGE= Arizona+Savage a nickname i picked up in the gulf. let your imagination wonder why.

20 years of honorable service, thats 3 major conflicts in case your history is weak, i got more time on the toilet than you have in combat so try to not to crap your pants on your first time out.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:01 PM

He keeps saying he's gonna leave in a Huff (a 1957 Huff? A Woodie?) but he doesn't.
Instead he double posts his anger and angst and personal attacks.

This just gets better and better - and more revealing by the day. Now we're being lectured and chastised by a millionaire. Of course, anyone can be what or whomever they want to be in Blogworld and Forumworld.

Like I said before - this is proof of the different types of folk that are out there whom we will have to contend with sooner or later. Very educational.

Do keep on, Serious. I await every supercilious word with bated breath.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, WC.. I see your point. This guy's gettin' better all of the time..

I wish he'd start a new thread. If he did, I'd win a big 'ol chocolate bar with almonds! ;D
*Robert Frost*