BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Forum > Hellos & Happy Birthdays

Hellos & Happy Birthdays New members, please use this board to introduce yourselves. Been gone awhile? Let your friends here know you're back! Is it somone's birthday? Wish 'em a happy one!

Old 11-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Inactive Member

Default Yup, another guy from California

Well, after cruising through several forums, some with too many nutballs and some with too many on the other side, it looks like this might be the best forum out there. So here I am. I'm (we,,,my wife of many years) are preppers, and are close to having 2 years of supplies on hand.

We live in the California foothills (The other California) on a couple of acres, and have been preparing for WSHTF for about 2 1/2 years. This started when I became concerned about asteroids (of all things) then I bought a few seed packets. Then a few more. Then a soy milk maker, then a grain mill, then the grain. Generators and fuel were important, as were spices, dry foods, and our Food Saver. I love that machine. So we have lanterns, and lantern oil, a million candles (hers), and many firearms with more than enough ammunition.

Yes, my friends laugh at me, and yes, they are welcome when they need our help. I can't imagine what goes on in peoples minds, maybe they don't watch the news and cruise forums.

Regardless, I'm here and looking forward to sharing anything I can with those of you on this forum, and hope I can get my ever increasing list of questions answered before I die in 30 or 40 years. ;D ;D ;D
Old 11-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Inactive Member

Default Re: Yup, another guy from California

Welcome Westy from a former Northern California resident. Sounds like you are doing well with your preps. Funny thing about prepping - it never seems to end.

We've been working at it for quite a few years now, but the move kind of set us back.

Enjoy the forum. It's interesting.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Yup, another guy from California

Welcome Westy look forward to chatten with ya! ;D