BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Forum > Hellos & Happy Birthdays

Hellos & Happy Birthdays New members, please use this board to introduce yourselves. Been gone awhile? Let your friends here know you're back! Is it somone's birthday? Wish 'em a happy one!

Old 10-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Inactive Member

Default Hello from the Northwest

Hello to all. I'd like to introduce myself if I may...I'm Evan Logan from Washington State.

First the preliminaries: I am an aging baby boomer of 46, white, tall, fit, handsome, intelligent with a dry sense of humor and easy going nature. I am somewhat conservative with old fashioned morals and values and my word is my bond. I am not a bigot nor am I politically correct. I have bown hair with green eyes, all my fingers and all my toes.

There now.

I admit to lurking here for some time to kinda get a feel for the atmosphere and members. Feels like home. I have always had a fervent interest in homesteading and have recently reached a crossroads in my life where it is time to make that commitment. It has been said there are 5 steps to achieve positive change within oneself: learning, conviction, determination, action and effort. My plan is to sell my current home and live out the rest of my days amongst nature, animals, and their beauty. I have done much research in this area and feel confident that I will succeed. I realize it will be difficult at times for a bumpkin like me but I am very resourceful, have much initiative, and can fix, repair or build almost anything. Ideally I would buy raw, undeveloped land (with a view) and create a fully sustainable, self-reliant homestead but I am open to variations on that theme. I am retired now with a pension so I do not need a job and can devote all of my time to this endeavor.

I am completely willing to go it alone but would love someone compatible to share my life with. She would be a mature, honorable woman of substance somewhere between 35 and 55 who can speak her own mind or remain silent and have the wisdom to know the difference; a strong person with a gentle side who doesn't mind being treated as an equal. Since I am a very open, honest and caring person I desire these same qualities in a mate. She's funny, adventurous, a risk taker, somewhat spiritual, and a good conversationalist with a positive outlook. I do not use tobacco or drugs and would appreciate same. I do however, like an occasional beer or nip of whiskey on cold days for warmth. Oh yeah, must not be averse to hard work and its rewards with a healthy love for animals.

I possess the capital, initiative, desire and knowledge to make this thing work but unfortunately I am missing my partner...my soul mate. I know she's out there and what better place to look than among like-minded people. I don't have Internet so I am unable to send pics electronically but am willing to send you something via mail. Talk about old fashioned! Now I know this will turn some of you away immediately but that's my loss and a chance I will have to take.

My timeline is within the next six months but you all know that's laughable so let me just say ASAP, ok? If this sounds like you or maybe if I sound just a tad bit interesting if nothing else, then take a chance...drop me a note either by email at lgnvn@yahoo.com or regular mail at PO Box 1024 Silverdale, Wa. 98383. It could change your life...and mine. I look forward to hearing from you. Take care.

Evan

Old 10-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default Re: Hello from the Northwest

Why are all the good ones so young?? ;D

Welcome Evan---Sounds like a plan.

annie
Old 10-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Inactive Member

Thank you Annie...perhaps you may know someone available...hhhmmmmmm? :-/
Old 10-11-2006, 08:40 PM

well,ood luck, on all endeavors.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:42 PM

Dang, I'm married.

My friend Sinnyfox is single ;D

joy
Old 10-12-2006, 09:03 AM
riverdog

RUN..............these wimmens might eat you alive!
Old 10-12-2006, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdog
RUN..............these wimmens might eat you alive!

LOL--Hummmmm lets see----How about uhhh hummm ahhhh NO!!

Riverdog is right----run man run---dont look back!! ;D

annie