BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Old 10-16-2015, 12:27 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael32170 View Post
The background check is a good example. A more extensive background check will cost money, the FFL will be changed for the 'service'. He could require background checks be 'renewed' every few years. Then start raising the cost of the 'service'.

He can do what he did at the IRS but on the manufacturers.

He could create more safety regulations in shipping guns and ammo, raising the cost of shipping.

He could regulate spare parts.

He could require background checks on any one shooting at ranges.

He could impose quality standards on raw materials used to manufacture weapons and ammo.

He could impose stricter regulations on handling, storing explosive materials.

He could require builtin mechanical locks on all guns and make any non-complying guns illegal.

There are hundrends of options available to him. He has a staff that is working on ways to do this.

This is just a list of possibiliities. I am not claiming he will do these.

Coulda woulda shoulda. Pure fantasy, if there were anything he could have done he would have already done it.

This is nothing but hysteria !!
Old 10-16-2015, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampcedars View Post
I have noticed that the local owned gun shops in my area have an abbundance of ammo...in the past year and a half they have 3 times as much ammo as back then...and it is a wide selection...prices aren't what they were a couple of years ago...but it is very available....at least around here.
Same trend here. The small places regained stock quicker than the big boxes. Would probably say personal relationship with suppliers may be the factor.

I always try to buy from my local guy first, and just keep my eyes open when I'm in the big boxes.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachad View Post
Same trend here. The small places regained stock quicker than the big boxes. Would probably say personal relationship with suppliers may be the factor.

I always try to buy from my local guy first, and just keep my eyes open when I'm in the big boxes.
Same thing here - my local gun shop (large) has had cases of ammo stacked on the floor where you first go in.

I also buy there but always have the habit to check for .22's when I go into Wal-Mart - just for giggles more than anything since they haven't had one box on the shelf for a couple years now.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriFree View Post
Baloney..
I wager there are other reasons he is closing .
Of course there are other reasons and the reporting of all ammo sales to the police would be enough to close my business. DO they required all alcohol sales to be reported to the police? What about all the candy bar sales because of the obese issues in the city?

Last edited by Bones; 10-16-2015 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Of course there are other reasons and the reporting of all ammo sales to the police would be enough to close my business. DO they required all alcohol sales to be reported to the police? What about all the candy bar sales because of the obese issues in the city?
Btw that was a proposed. Rule . do you even know if it passed ??
Paranoia !
Old 10-17-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Btw that was a proposed. Rule . do you even know if it passed ??
Paranoia !
Regardless Crime in San Francisco should now go down and become the safest city in the US as there is no longer any place to buy a gun in the city.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Regardless Crime in San Francisco should now go down and become the safest city in the US as there is no longer any place to buy a gun in the city.
I guess " regardless" means you don't know .. Just paranoia/!hysyeria ! And nothing else .
Old 10-18-2015, 12:09 AM

Quote:
I guess " regardless" means you don't know .. Just paranoia/!hysyeria ! And nothing else .
Really not sure what you are saying here. My statement stands on its own.

The last gun shop in San Francisco has closed so it should become the safest city in the US. It makes no difference on if it becomes a law or not or has become a law since there is no longer a gun shop where it can be enforced.

I do find it interesting that the City has nothing better to do than dream up laws that only affected one business. Do you think all their harassment gun laws might have something to do with why all the other gun stores closed up? Or do you think they just closed up because nobody would buy their guns? I am sure there comes a time when all the red tape is just not worth staying in business when the city is waiting to pounce and to sue or arrest an owner the moment they violate some silly regulation
Old 10-18-2015, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Really not sure what you are saying here. My statement stands on its own.

The last gun shop in San Francisco has closed so it should become the safest city in the US. It makes no difference on if it becomes a law or not or has become a law since there is no longer a gun shop where it can be enforced.

I do find it interesting that the City has nothing better to do than dream up laws that only affected one business. Do you think all their harassment gun laws might have something to do with why all the other gun stores closed up? Or do you think they just closed up because nobody would buy their guns? I am sure there comes a time when all the red tape is just not worth staying in business when the city is waiting to pounce and to sue or arrest an owner the moment they violate some silly regulation
I ask again is the law pass. I guess you have no idea.

I don't like it either but let's not go all paranoid and hysterically try to portray something that we don't even know has actually happened as the wave of the future..

After all the store closing is the decision of the owner not the city. I applaud his stand but it's his decision. He is not being forced to do anything.

I wondered this customers think?

Oh by the way there are dti lots of fun stores in the sf Bay Area. This was only city proper.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:36 AM

Exclamation New Yorkisstan firearms ban

Quote:
Please explain to us how he could do that . Fantasy.
Look at NY's firearms ban the so called safe act, then take California's and add in another few cities restrictions and you have an instant ban.

Magazines, as long as manufactures continue to push magazines in states where they are not legal their will be a market. A wholesale federal ban on anything firearm related item means the owner will not be able to ship across state lines to recoup his money.

What has always riled me is; manufactures continue to sell to governments that restrict our civil rights.
They are no different than any other government domestic or foreign that sells equipment to both sides of warring factions then claim to be on our side!

In 2013- NY and some of my wholesale vendors cost me thousands in sales. At a time when sales were at the best they have ever been! Now many of these vendors email me 2 or 3 times a week with a flyer that describes another fantastic deal on a black firearm, magazine or a pink pistol or some sort.

I stopped making purchases not being able to afford to have another knock off sitting on the shelf in hopes it may sell.

When I look to the internet forums and see threads filled with Glocks, Sigs and black carbines for sale I have to ask why ? Why are so many selling off their firearms and accessories? Are they afraid of a ban and loosing money? Did they purchase and can not or could not really afford?
Did they find reloading to be very time consuming or not as easy as youtube experts make it out to be? LOL

What is really scary is all the do it your selfer's! The guys who decide to upload a video of the gun smiting abilities. You purchase one of these and you never know what you are getting yourself into.

If the social handlers like Xero and Status Quo Cuomo get a chance to make a new regulation we'll have to fight them in court using our money and our tax dollars which is something many people don't understand.

In NY, I lay the blame on New Yorkistan firearms owners for voting and allowing the firearms ban to happen. To many told me they wish they had never voted for either one of the current dirt bags in office.

We could control some of this by limiting property tax payments. Instead of making your tax payment on time or paid in full.
Pay the very least you can even if a penalty is added on. You take a few hundred people paying a limited amount and in certain locals it will affect the town ,county & states budget.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:17 AM
Master Pontificator

Bill, its not so simple in NY, there are really 2 NYs, upstate and city, city is long island, the city and the areas within 50 miles of the city, half the state population lives in this area. upstate is the rest of the state. any politician wanting to get in ny offices only has to suck up to the city people and win their votes, then they have half the votes in the state and only need a few more from the other cityish parts of the state (albany, syracuse, buffalo and oswego, etc). the rest of the state combined could not out vote a politician even if they voted unanomusly against them. to keep the city votes politicians bleed the north dry and funnel tax money to the city.

as hillary clinton said in 2008s ellection bid "theres nothing up there but black flies" thats how she described upstate ny and why she was skipping a campaign event in the north. cuomo is a city politician.

i don't know why everyone seems to be selling their black guns, I had a 7.62 saiga a few years ago myself but when i was broke i sold it, guns tend to retain their value and it was the easiest way to get some cash, i regret it since the state outlawed those guns since then. i would assume that with the economy in a ditch a lot of people are selling off some guns because they are broke. the saiga i had (with the accessories and ammo i had with it) cost me nearly 2 weeks pay as a full time worker, someone who works part time might have a months income in the same setup. selling an expensive gun like that could be a huge difference to someone who is unemployed and has a family to feed. I kept my old shotgun though, i would never sell that, not worth much and i can take a lot of game with it, the saiga was a toy, the shotgun is a tool.

around ny the private sales of black guns stopped, anyone with one is hiding it and won't sell unless desperate, since they can't replace them now.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:48 AM

Here is just an example of what Setanta is saying about money being taking from upstate NY. This is the "Welcome to New York" sign where we go into the state here from NW Penna. I doubt you would see a sign in this condition anywhere near the city......

Old 10-18-2015, 01:01 PM

This is common in all states that have large urban areas and lots of rural areas. Taxes are are never enough to satisfy all areas so it gets spend in populated areas
Here is Missouri its KC on the west and st Louis on the east got all the money.
I would expect it to be same all over America in all such states.

Particularly distinct in NJ ( north jersey got all the money)and Illinois ( Chicago got all the money).

Of course those area are most populous and pay most taxes also. Right ?

Last edited by MissouriFree; 10-18-2015 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:35 PM
Master Pontificator

I just don't want people thinking the police state of ny is the result of everyone in ny voting for the most worthless politicians. its a complicated system of electing officials and the city votes are so powerfull they basically guarantee a political victory and said politicians can piss on the rest of the state without it affecting their ability to stay in office as long as they keep the city happy. the city folks don't care about guns and think of them as a gang violence thing or a toy if they think about them at all. the city people don't care about the safe act (neither supporting nor denouncing it), the rest of the state can then be pissed on by the politicians imposing it.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:43 PM
Master Pontificator

Quote:
The gun industry could really fight back at those cities which harasses their dealers. Refusal to sell their police department any weapons or parts for servicing their old weapons and pull the dealers license from any dealer who bids to sell the manufacturers weapons after a city has been refused service by the manufacturer.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, as the old saying goes.

This is not meant to be anti-police in any shape form or fashion, but sometimes the city fathers have to be forced to look at the entire issues at hand and not allow them to focus their eyes only on their special interest prejudiced bureaucratic management self-promoting ideas.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:46 AM

Thought I read or heard a while back that the manufacturer of the 50 cal sniper rifles refused to sell or service those weapons to law enforcement in CA after the state banned sale of the weapon.

Any one hear of that or how it worked out.

Also heard, at one time Conn. wanted to force ammo manufactruers to code or mark cartridge cases sold in that state. Manufacturers said "no thanks, we just won't sell in Conn". State changed the law.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:06 PM

With all the shootings in the past 6-8 weeks there will be more politicians that push for more gun control (once they are elected in Nov).

Very few people ever talk about enforcing the laws on the books.

This week I was at a 'gun place' 350 rounds of 9mm, 40, or 45; Blazer Brass in a ammo box for $79.95, limit 3. Basic target ammo. Decent price and keeps me in practice and it can be reloaded.

My thought is buy what you can before Jan 2016.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:43 PM

Presidential elections mean nothing. We heard the same paranoia scared thoughts every year. Ain't gonna happen . Not sure why people buy into this paranoia. Politicians will not touch it ! House members get ejected every two years.

Today we have more " gun freedom " than anytime in the last 30 years. So under this obama administration that so many were so worried about the trend is toward more freedoms not less.

But it does make for good internet paranoia.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:01 PM

Okay...I am wrong..."ain't gonna" happen...

there are continued attack on gun rights on an almost monthly basis in this country...

how many shootings have their been on college campus's in the past 3 weeks...

the anti gun movement is growing in numbers and lobbying more...

politicians are opportunistic, they will exploit guns/ammo/liability and have already done so...

people laugh at what NY state did to gun laws...but what they did has stuck...other states will follow to varying degrees.

...there have been runs on ammo and short/no supply at times, granted there is panic buying every 2-3 years...get it while you can if you want (ammo or reloading supplis)

...Not that anyone gives a dam* here...but I am sick of the "know it alls" that have little to no sense of how they reply to things.

I am done with this place for good and will close my account..call me a wuss or thin skinned...there are enough people here that are not decent and really have very little knowledge about what they talk about and are more careless how they present thier oppinon or so-called knowledge.

Good bye BWH forum...I am gone for good and I am sure some will appreciate that.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:17 PM

You make claims that have no basis-

How do you know the anti gun lobby is any bigger than before? Poll numbers suggest other wise. Being louder does not mean being greater.

Ammo shortages have only to do with paranoia nothing else.

Politicians have one thing on thier mind and that is getting reelected and that is why the last round of gun control proposals in congress following newtown fell flat on its face.

Sorry you can't handle any opinion but your own !

Last edited by MissouriFree; 10-25-2015 at 02:26 PM.