BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > After Sunset > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests This board is ONLY for prayer requests from folks of all faiths.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:44 AM
Master Pontificator

Default I could use some prayers for my daughter

Rachie is 13 and heading down some bumpy roads. She's making some bad decisions and getting into a fair amount of trouble.

She just got suspended from school again, she's on probation from what went on when she got suspended last year (bringing liquor to school).

She'e pretty and smart as a whip, but she has a 'born to lose', rebel mentality.

Please pray that she makes it through these tough years and comes out on the other side allright.

Dad
Old 08-31-2006, 11:57 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default Re: I could use some prayers for my daughter

Will pray hard for Rachie, remember she probably has a lot of peer pressure at school. With loving parents, she'll get through this.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:03 PM

Rick.
Prayers for your young lady.
I remember when my only daughter went through that
stage--I like to have lost my mine---But she squared away--became a Mother--is now very active in her church and her children are being raised in church--

Somehow--they over come.

Alcohol makes them popular--its as MnMom says===peer pressure.

Love annie
Old 08-31-2006, 12:06 PM
gypho

Absolutely, Rick. On the way.

gypho
Old 08-31-2006, 03:29 PM

Rick and Rachie,
I have lifted you both in prayer. I also have a 13yo daughter. Remember that it is tough being a Dad...it's also tough being 13. God has big plans for her, I'm certain.

T.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Rachie is 13 and heading down some bumpy roads. She's making some bad decisions and getting into a fair amount of trouble.

She just got suspended from school again, she's on probation from what went on when she got suspended last year (bringing liquor to school).

She'e pretty and smart as a whip, but she has a 'born to lose', rebel mentality.

Please pray that she makes it through these tough years and comes out on the other side allright.

Dad
Lord, I pray that you would place a stumbling stone in any wrong decision paths Rachie may chose to follow. That you would allow those situations she may encounter to fail if the outcome would be contary to Your perfect will in her life. That you would be a constant reminder, a constant check to her spirit of the right and wrong of all things that may come her way. I ask you Lord to place in her life a mentor of Your character so that she would come to understand the wisdom of your Word and ways. That she would come to embrace You as the Lord of her life. Lord, I also ask that you would be with Rick and the rest of his family throughout this time. Give them all Your understanding and Your love. That you would help Rick to be the husband, father and leader of his family and instill in him your wisdom to guide his family through this difficult time. In Jesus' name I pray.

Rick
Old 08-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Banned

Hey Rick;You were young once!I don't know how large of a town or city you live in,but getting her connected with Ala-teen would be your best bet.At most it will ruin her drinking.She'll meet a lot of her peers that are also going through what she is and she'll listen to them.If your near a major city she'll even meet friends that are Cool enough for her to hang out with.Also check out AA.large cities like L.A. have large numbers of teen members.
God also hangs out in AA, to trick Cool people into finding the Truth.And Don't worry,these are the types He likes the most.-
Old 08-31-2006, 10:46 PM
gypho

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraman
Hey Rick;You were young once!I don't know how large of a town or city you live in,but getting her connected with Ala-teen would be your best bet.At most it will ruin her drinking.She'll meet a lot of her peers that are also going through what she is and she'll listen to them.If your near a major city she'll even meet friends that are Cool enough for her to hang out with.Also check out AA.large cities like L.A. have large numbers of teen members.
God also hangs out in AA, to trick Cool people into finding the Truth.And Don't worry,these are the types He likes the most.-
Nice job, Zebraman. Very nice.

gypho
Old 08-31-2006, 11:18 PM

I am adding Rachie and you to my prayer list. I have teen granddaughters and all I can say is I'm glad I don't have to raise them. Of course, I lived through raising my 3. Keep the faith.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:29 PM

Will keep her in my prayers tonight Rick. I know its tough. I raised a son who sounds a lot like your daughter and he is a fine young man now. Rachel will make it, just keep that unconditional love around her.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:08 AM
Master Pontificator

Hi,

I really appreciate the prayer support.

Rachie has a real sweet spirit sometimes, then goes off and does something dumb. *Her problem really isn't drinking, I doubt she's ever actually been drunk; her problem is being rebellious to the point of self-destruction. *A little rebbellion in a teen is a good thing, a sign of becoming an adult. *Rach takes it to extremes, and at a *young age.

I think if I could fast forward ten years, I'd find she'll be just fine. *I worry about her getting lost though because not all teens do make it through unscathed.

Thanks for the prayers..

Zebra,

Man, if she does half the stuff I did, I'm toast. *I don't know how my momma made it.

;D

edited to add:

I DO know how my momma made it. She prayed a lot and had some of her friends praying too.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:16 PM

Prayers, it's a good thing.

And you and your family have my prayers coming your way.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:38 PM

Rick I don't know a lot about rebelling teens but she may need to talk. Is it possible for either you or her mother or both to take her out for the day, each of you at different times, and try talking to her alone?
Does she have a favorite adult that maybe could guide her away from her self destructive behavior?
I'll keep her and the rest of your family in my prayers.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:35 PM

I will pray for her to make better choices and to turn from her rebel ways.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:10 AM

Prayers...this too shall pass (mother of two 19 year olds, one 17 year old and one 10 year old-yikes)

Ala-teen is a good idea even if she doesn't have a drinking problem, because she'll hear what the others went through, and it'll really make her think.

My kids went to AA w/ me and we all went to NA (narcotics anonymous) campouts even tho I didn't do "drugs" (alcohol is a drug), and they learned soooo much! Like, you can be happy after going through hell.
"Riding is like life, it can be painful and difficult. The question is, what will we do with the pain? Will we give in to it or learn from it? Adversity to me, is lifes greatest teacher." -ty murray, bull rider

Blog: http://hopejoyandfaithfarm.blogspot.com/
Old 09-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Inactive Member

MY prayers too. best wishes and God Bless your family
Old 10-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Inactive Member

its a tough age ,Will pray for her
Old 01-29-2007, 08:05 PM

I will pray for her to think about what she is doing to herself and others, and I will pray for you to have patience and be able to offer forgiveness.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:28 PM

Rick could we get an update on Rachie? Is she doing any better? Please, keep us posted.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:29 AM
Master Pontificator

Hey,

I was thumbing through some old posts.

Rachie, or as I call her Minner, made it through. There were some pretty rough patches, but she made it (Praise God !!!)

She is fixing to get married and hopefully start contributing to the grandbaby collection; I am up to three now and that is some good duty: sugar them up, give them a shot of expresso and a free kitten and send 'em home.

Thank you all so much for the prayers.