BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Self-Reliance & Preparedness > Self-reliance > Preparedness/Survival Skills/BOBs/Kits/Gear

Preparedness/Survival Skills/BOBs/Kits/Gear If it will help keep you going when TSHTF, talk about it here.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Master Pontificator

Default Re: How long till the SHTF?

I have to think about this......OK the tidybowl man,s boat it,s a running backard,s in a ever faster motion. As i heard the big swirly,s on it,s way. The cork,s already been pulled. I agree there will be a lot of stuff a rolling over the edge before the clog give,s way. Just hope it,s longer than my gut is telling me.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:51 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

I watched some news over the weekend. im realy suprised at what is going on. 250,000 retail stores closing down in the next few years, or was it in the next year ? how manny yuppies will that unemploy ? more mexicans than ever before coming across the border than ever before because mexico has collapsed and cant feed them anymore, and the border guards not stoping them because they cant jail them anymore.
Anti gun laws that arnt going to go away, stagflation on the way with NO way to reverse it or stop it.
and on , and on . . .

I am amazed at what is happening rather suddenly now from the build up.

the abomo is importing some muslim imigrants,
the border states are getting ready for mexico to invade in a war.
some big citys like L.A are starting to make plans for water rationing.
food supplies are running out worldwide.

And on, And on . . .
Old 03-10-2009, 02:22 AM

I'm an L.A. resident and we've been rationing water for years. *Nothing new there. *The illegals are finding no work here and are going back to Mexico. *As bad as it is in Mexico it is further in the toilet here. *Unemployment is 2%-5% higher than the National level and doesn't include those already off the roles. *We're not to worried about Mexico invading us since the Hispanic and Asian populations won't allow it, but right now the Chinese are buying up the properties and businesses because they are so cheap.

No water for the farms; no buying from the businesses, no food distributed by the businesses, etc.

Life is great.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:56 PM

We are crashing now. Everyone is looking for the bolt out of the blue, where we wake up one morning and the government and economy have crashed and anarchy is the rule of the land.

It truth is will be a long drown out process, where things will continually become worse over time. But the farther into the collapse the faster things will happen.

http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net
Old 03-15-2009, 07:40 AM

I reckon that it already has hit the fan; it is just taking a while to fly around and hit a few folk in the face, then a little while longer before they wake up to what it is. Then, sit back, well out of the way, and watch the fun: natural justice will dole out want to them that were greedy, while the rest will be satisfied for having little, but without having to struggle so hard to keep it. But this is just my opinion. Pity! Could have been better if folk had behaved better. Seen it coming since about 1970 something.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:44 PM

I didnt really realize that america is owned by other nations untill recently, When we give a million or a billion to some nation that is more backward than we are, we arnt really giving to them out of a surplus, but only endebting ourselfs to them.
This is because we dont own any money of our own, all of our money is only on loan from the private banks, we owe them every cent we have, PLUS interest.
So if there is a million trillion dollars, Which has in fact been loaned to america by the privat banks that are sometimes called the federal treasury, we owe them that, plus 10% interest, Where are we going to get a hundred thousand trillion dollars to pay the private banks back for the money we have borowed ?
People are ENRAGED that the government didnt give each little american $80,000 insted of giving it to the banks to stop the economic melt down,
'That money SHOULD have been give to the people ! ! ! people like me ! ' they snarl.
they dont see that the more money is Made and given away the worse the problem becomes, if every american would have gotten a share of the $700 billion, a gallon of milk, water, or gas would now be costing a few thousand dollars.

"But we could pay our bills and feed our starving children !"
they cry.

I worked with a labor crew, every morning they wanted to stop at the store and get cola cigerets and junk food, they would spend $10 + each.
then at noon they all needed more cola, cigerets and junk or fast drive through food, another $10+ . then on the way home, more of the same and a few cases of beer to split up. They wore spending $30 + a day on nothing but cola, cigerets and junk food, In a month they wore spending around $1000 each on NOTHING but booze, cigerets, and junk food.
They all wanted more money, NEEDED more money, as they wore always broke and having trouble paying their bills.

I only have met one person who even understands what the bailouts really wore.
they can only see that some one got some money for nothing, but not them, they cant understand that the only thing that happend was america was endebted more and they cant ever pay it back.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:30 PM

OMG someone finally said it as it is.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:13 PM

Any day now. Or is it already happening?

http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net
Old 03-19-2009, 01:16 AM

it would be nice to know.

obama is not the president. he is not A president.
When i go over the facts conserning this to people, they dont really even care, no one cares about anything meaningful.

Glenn beck demonstrated how our dollar has become worthless with the recent mass printing of it, thats going to hit us sooner than later.

police are buying up ammo ( thats what caused part of the ammo shortage ) and traning with sub machine guns, becoming more Militarized, they dont care whats really right or wrong, the patriot act sets all law breakers as terrorist, And they are going to live out their murderous bloody fantisys with citizens.

the unemployment rate.
the illigal immigrants.
the state sponsored terrorist.
the globalist.
the economic melt down.
the insane speeple who will turn every one in and rat them out.
chemocal toxins in everything we eat or drink.
chemtrails.
antigun laws.
Obama.

its here.
what or who will save us ?
Old 03-21-2009, 04:10 PM

shtf, hits the fan ,hmmm look at this country and then ask your self that ?
this just didnt happen over nite ,its been in the plans for a long time . we know or lest some of us know whats going on but what do you do about it . last year oil was so high what did we do , not much.. to a lot of americans the s---- has already hit. and will get worse, there is no future for them. steve
Old 03-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Banned

It isn't when it is going to start. It's more like when did it start. It's already on a good rool and getting bigger by the minute.

And you are right about people ratting others out. I had a search warrant served on me because of someone on this very forum calling the police because I said I had killed and canned a deer. It was in season, I have a hunting licence, but I was 200 yards from the county line and dropped it with a single shot from a .22 .
If I did take it, I never would have taken the shot if I didn't know it was a safe and sure kill but he same person that turned me in said she had to chase a buck into the night to find it.
But I am a poacher. Sheeple are friging nuts. And that is an epidemic in this country.
I have a god hand full of people to help work the 20 acres back here this year. We are going to plant as much as we can and pray it's enough till next year, and God help anyone caught in the garden or the chicken coop or anywhere else back there.
At least I stood strong enough to run the drug dealers off the corner after we moved in and then on down the road a bit more. Word around here is I am a damned nut. ;D
I ain't really but as long as they thing I am, we all happy.
For right now, I am running out of fingers to count up the people I know that is iether laid off or on short time.
TS has already HTF from my point of view. And it's gonna get worse before it gets better.
It will until we attack Washington. I am just waiting for someone to give the word.
CHARGE
Old 03-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Master Pontificator

The fuse is lit and when it blows it will be some incident that causes the cities like L.A. N.Y. and all the other areas with a large unemployed population that start to riot. This will cause food deliveries to stop and when the rioting gangs get hungry they will move on to other communities and take what they have. There will be no police or first responders because they will stay home to protect their families. The Military will take the weapons they can get and go home to their families.
I think we are down to the last few weeks of normal life. It's coming soon. Get prepared and have a plan. Have food, ammo and a place you can defend or you will be a statistic. Get a copy of the book PATRIOTS by James Westley Rawles and read it for an idea of whats coming. Time is short.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:49 AM

the revolution has already started,a little late but it has started, look around and see the crime going on , this time the media cant say it the druggies ,its people surving the only way they can.if we stick together we have a chance but they will divid us by any means possible. steve
Old 03-22-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethwyo
How long will it be untill the police start to arrest people
for 'hording' food, and sezing food? A law will be made for that too..
There is already a law made for that. It is called Martial Law. Once it is declared in an area, LEOs can confiscate anything including food and water and ammo stockpiles. The folks in IA who were 20, 30 miles from the flood zones had LEOs at their doors and their supplies confiscated. What happens when the riots begin and the whole country - or at least the heavily populated areas - are put under Martial Law?

I forsee pandemics of astronomical proportions, simply because folks will be grouped together in poor conditions, sharing or stealing everything from blankets to food that shouldn't be eaten. When some start eating whatever they can find - including vermin - and others are simply looking for their next fix, groups and gangs and families too will be infected. Again, the declarance of Martial Law, and thousands will die in the streets under the bullets, in the dark hovels and 'weekly rent' motels, and from vast sweeping transmitted infections.

But I don't forsee it happening until next winter when the hopeyfeeleychangers have finally run out of promises and money, and get so much flak from their followers that they throw up their hands and scream, "Everyone just SHUT UP!" and start enforcing all of their happy changes whether we want them or need them or not - at the business ends of SWAT teams' and National Guardsmen's rifles. The media will of course support this as they did the attack on the Weavers and Waco, telling everyone that those people are bad evil nasty lawbreakers who are trying to kill others with their weapons and diseases.

I'm sorry, I don't buy the whole - "people are doing what they need to survive" - if you are taking from others by force or by fraud, you are a criminal, I don't give a D**n how hungry you are. And you deserve a criminal's reward - a dose of lead poisoning. If you were a grasshopper who played through the whole summer of your life and didn't see it coming, you don't have the right to take from the ants just because you 'need' to survive or are hungry when the winter of our dissolution comes. I need to survive and I am doing all I can, without taking from anyone else. If you can't - Darwin rules. No sympathy here.

The Weavers and Waco were just practice to see how far they could go with the American public. Now the fanatical hopeyfeeleychangers will push that arrogance to the limit, under the guise of "saving us all".

As the Irish bridegroom said, "Brrrrrrrrrrrace yeself, Brrrrrridget!"- the foreplay is over.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Passed On

Location: I live in North Carolina.. but my heart belongs to Texas

Wiley... I couldn't have said it better. We just have to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.. We have to build our bunker in deed and faith.

Grizzy
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. - Blackfoot
Old 03-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Inactive Member

Wiley, you're right-on on most points. But I feel like this is going to start before the end of this summer. There are more and more "tea parties" happening across the country on a weekly basis and each one gets bigger. Two weekends ago there was a tax protest march in Cincinati that had around 1000 in attendence. This past weekend there was one, I think in Florida, that breeched 10,000. There are talks about a group going to DC to protest on the Whitehouse steps; that one scares me. The larger the groups get the more likely that someone in the crowd may get rowdy and then LEO's will show up. You can bet that 100,000 country folk showing up in DC whould get every LEO in the nation put on stand-by. What I see happening eventually, if not in DC, then somewhere else, is that one hot-headed young cop with an ego to feed will push the wrong person back behind the imaginary line on the pavement and that wrong person is going to 'haul iron'. As soon as he starts the movement the cop is going to start pulling and it will be a chain-reaction across the area on both sides. If a shot is fired that will be the start of a civil war. If, by some miracle nobody gets shot, it will still be utter chaos.

Even if this scenario doesn't play out there are others and something is going to happen soon. Look at the MOA's. They are protected by the Constitution that is no longer used to protect me. I have heard mutterings of a group of people that is watching them hard.

What about a massive depression being the only thing that hits us? Then u have Wiley's POV.

With all of the possibilities you need to remember a key point: When the fat bully is getting sick in the schoolyard, the smallest kid that he has picked on is going to run up and kick the bully in the stomach.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:30 PM

Wiley - your wisdom speaks volumes. I think we are closer to it than anyone really wants to admit - there is alot of denial out there, but more and more people are waking up to the insanity of it all. *A trillion here, a trillion there, three trillion over there......and no money to pay for it. Cap and trade, exhorbitant taxation, inflation, rationing, martial law -- it's ALL coming...people just can't fathom it, because most of the people in this country have never had to try to live under this kind of insanity. Every day that ticks by, we are getting closer to the end....prepare now, like it's your last chance to do so....................because it probably is.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Be an ant....not a grasshopper!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Inactive Member

Remember the little boy who cried wolf? Doomsayers have cried wolf so many times that Americans don't believe it anymore. Most of the population is living like 9/10/01. We need to be living and thinking like we were on 9/12/01.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:44 AM

Sorry, but I think that the 'tea parties' and other groups are too little, too late. 20 years ago - yes, there could have been a voice and a persuasion. But folks were too busy getting all they could get from the gubbermint, and now we have whole generations of folks who are gubbermint dependent. I also believe that there are members of the gubbermint who are fueling the "protest" solely for their own political ends; pushing the Conspiracy Theories while decrying them in public. *Too much has been 'revealed' to inspire anger and rage, and the protestors want "change" but will be led gap-mouthed toward an even more powerful oligarchy instead.

You make a good point about the Washington trip. It is that very dread that the oligarchists want to inspire. When I went to Savannah, GA, for the G8 summit, there were military folk everywhere, even on the river and in helicopters. *Huge cement barriers blocked access to every government building. Every soldier, every cop, was slung with rifles and ammo. IT was MEANT to be intimidating "and was there for our protection from terrorists". Yeah, right. I ended up having my picture taken with literally hundreds of soldiers and cops, (I was dressed as the Statue of Liberty) and getting invited to the cops' barbeque. Meanwhile, the folks who (surreptitiously asking me) took most of our brochures were the soldiers and cops who agreed with what we said, but could not be seen by their superiors to do so. Many of our group refused to come to the meeting because they were terrified that there would be violence!

But in a purposely inflammatory situation, and I emphasize the "purposefully", there will be people killed. The hundreds of thousands of folks who will be out protesting this time come nowhere near the millions of hopeyfeeleychangers who voted for and deathlessly believe in what even Newsweek boldly calls 'our new socialism'. The protestors who will be killed will serve two purposes - they will become martyrs for an underground terrorist sect, and will make the hopeyfeeleychangers feel as though they are on the RIGHT path, and have nothing in common with those terrorist militia loons. It WILL split this country and will devastate it - but the guys with the tanks and the guns (and the main body of the 'sane and deliberate and thoughtful' followers) will 'win'. *

When you are rational, the people who are emotionally driven will decry you. They WANT the violent bipolar emotional swings, and the politicians will give it to them. They will serve the 'tea party' people up on platters to the masses, hoping and PRAYING that one rebellious soul will start a shooting match that he cannot win. Upheaval is the best time in which to enforce an even stronger grasp on the sheeple, for their own good, through force and fear. On April 15th, if it al goes off, the hopeyfeeleychangers will become even MORE devoted, even MORE Fanatical, and they will have a direction for their angst and anger - pointed straight at the people who are trying to protest what they believe in, desperately.

Me, I'm going to sit quietly in my little hole that not even the government nor the Weather Channel has any idea exists, and watch the hysteria mount. I tried for 25 years to convince people what was coming, and all they did was smile indulgently or ridicule me. And the very ones who are leading the charge now are the ones who did everything they could to discredit me and mine. Do you really think they have suddenly 'gotten religion' - or is it more likely that they have figured out a way to manipulate this unrest to their own ends? Glenn Beck was one of the media folk who insisted that Ron Paul was naive and fiscally unaware, and that his wealthy Mormon hero with a mouthful of sugar-sopping platitudes was the best choice to lead our country. Yawn. Not buying his 'conversion' now.

All that said, what happens in the media spotlight is going to be far removed from what happens in the homes, neighborhoods, and communities all across this nation. The media will point fingers at everyone except their darlings, and the people who work for a lving will be caught in the voiceless, endless, bottomfeeding scuffle of loss and slow starvation. It startled me to read that Phoenix AZ is the 2ndmost kidnapping capital of the WORLD - second only behind Mexico City. What does that tell you about our country and how fast it is slipping? I still don't foresee the happy joy joy wearing off until gas prices rise and homes are unheated, more jobs than ever lost, and food cannot be shipped to satisfy the cities' needs; until they have to pull the plug on Welfare and thousands of the hopeyfeeleychangers, their loyalty crushed, their faith decimated, and their god 'exposed' as an uncaTom who gave in. When he makes the choice to become the dictator - "forced" into it by not only the "militia-minded rebels" but by his own supporters - then we will see the true colors of all... too late, as always, too late.

It could have been changed, but everyone insisted that the Emperor was wearing clothes, Was SO, WAS SO! - for far too long.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:14 PM

I can't agree more! And we have not seen anything yet. I'm not able to find a safer haven, even if I thought it would be beneficial for more than short term, so I've said for years that I plan on putting my lawn chair out on the front yard and watch the "fun" from there as long as possible, perhaps with a shotgun across my lap.

In my area, if the Sunday paper is not delivered on time there is street rioting. This is Los Angeles. Sneeze at the wrong moment on the freeway and it is taken as a threat and you can find yourself shot. I cannot comprehend it being worse than previous rioting, but it will and make the past look like a birthday party.