BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Forum > Forum Rules, Help, Announcements, & Testing > Forum News & Announcements

Forum News & Announcements Where we'll post permanent messages for all members.

View Poll Results: Would you participate in a Sports board?
Yes, almost daily 3 5.45%
Yes, now and then 15 27.27%
No 37 67.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 12:41 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Cardinal Nation !!!
Old 09-06-2009, 12:45 AM

Default Sorry

Hubby doesn't watch "normal" sports - so neither do I. The Triple Crown yes, along with dressage, cutting, steeplechasing or stadium jumping, (which are rarely carried on basic TV) also various sports when the Olympics are on. Since we don't have cable and the digital signal pixels out every couple of minutes we just don't watch much TV.

He also says one way governments have (historically) taken control over the populous is by distracting them with entertainment...such as sports. Many people I know have no knowledge of the Constitution and the Ammendments, yet they can give you stats on 5 teams for each of three different sports for that last ten years. Something to think about!
Old 09-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimfire_Red View Post
Hubby doesn't watch "normal" sports - so neither do I. The Triple Crown yes, along with dressage, cutting, steeplechasing or stadium jumping, (which are rarely carried on basic TV) also various sports when the Olympics are on. Since we don't have cable and the digital signal pixels out every couple of minutes we just don't watch much TV.

He also says one way governments have (historically) taken control over the populous is by distracting them with entertainment...such as sports. Many people I know have no knowledge of the Constitution and the Ammendments, yet they can give you stats on 5 teams for each of three different sports for that last ten years. Something to think about!
JMHO.....I would have to say balony to blaming the government and sports for the peoples lack of kowledge of our country and its government... It is no one fault but thier own.. to many excuses ..
Old 09-07-2009, 03:37 AM
Master Pontificator

I voted Now and then in the poll thinking about MMA and self defense type sports ie methods and techniques, however should have voted no, these particular topics, can and should be discussed in the Peparedness board. Therefore, my comment has to be NO, and I would ask that this is taken into account when tallying the votes.
"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -Samuel Adams
Closed Thread