BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Homesteading > Conversations > State / Country Talk

State / Country Talk A place for folks to talk about their state- or country-related issues with fellow residents.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Good for your Stella, it has rained all around us, Chris keeps informing me, he watches the weather channel. Yesterday it thundered in the distance for hrs. We got an inch and a half over a week ago and could stand more. I am still saving every drop of water and giving it to the plants. Keeping a bucket at the kitchen door and doing the dishes in dishpans. I hope the drought won't hit again because we did not get any respite. The pasture greened up some, but needs more water now.
Grandson was here and wanted to keep a turtle Sam got out of the pond for a pet. he named it Snappy, but snappy was snapping.
I canned seven jars of tomaotes and yesterday half a dozen jars of pickles.
It just is too dry for just about everything. We water evenings and mornings. I think I would rather cut grass.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

I hope you did not hear me yell.
them dogs dug up my new bean bed. all wallowed to pieces. when the zucchini did not grow, I dug into the hill and there was a pack of Ramen noodles, Last week I dug the red potatoes and I found half a bag of corn chips buried in there.
Sam dragged a cattle panel in the garden and put it over the beans. that should keep them out. I replanted last evening. Hope springs eternal in the human breast....
Old 03-03-2013, 12:38 PM

Hey it's been a while since I was on here last. Busy with this and that. I am getting involved in the Appleseed Project and wanted to post a link to the main schedule page for anyone wants to improve their marksmanship skills. It shrunk my groups from 12" down to 4" at 100 yards shooting iron sights. It can help you. Hope to see ya"ll there.

SamS

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-map.php