BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > After Sunset > Member Websites > Video

Video Personal, informational, business, and promotional videos. You MUST have actively produced the video. NO third-party videos.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:20 PM

Default splitting cedar logs for rails and posts - new vid

I uploaded this about nine minutes ago.

http://www.youtube.com/paulwheaton12#p/u/0/UxCfU7L-2X0
Old 03-09-2010, 02:22 PM

Oh yeah ....

If folks would rate it five stars, comment on it (even just "thanks" helps) and subscribe to me on youtube, that helps me out. Thanks!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Grand Master Pontificator
Super Moderator

Boy.. I see a whole lot of self promotion going on here but I never see any discussion of personal experiences of your own.

Why don't you talk about "you" a little instead of passing everybody off to some YouTube link and trying to get 5-star ratings on your collection.

I appreciate your links and I'm sure others do too but I think we'd like to learn more about you if you don't mind.
*Robert Frost*
Old 03-09-2010, 08:58 PM

Aw, shucky darn .... my adoring public wants to see me on letterman

I guess I thought that folks wanted to learn about "stuff" and not about me.

I can say I have subscribed to BHM off an on since ... about 2000. I subscribe to about six other similar mags. I stick a yellow sticky note on good articles to share. And BHM always has the most sticky notes.

Is this the sort of thing you are after?
Old 03-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Grand Master Pontificator
Super Moderator

Quote..
"I guess I thought that folks wanted to learn about "stuff" and not about me."

Many are here to learn and most strive to have a community feeling around the place. Sure we'd like for you to interact with us more and talk about some of your own trials and errors in life.

I hope that I didn't seem rude but what's Paul Wheaton doing? Do you have any plants started? Do you have any kids? (or children.. lol) That kinda stuff.
*Robert Frost*
Old 03-09-2010, 09:19 PM

As for trying to get a five star rating: I've been trying to learn more about how some folks do well on youtube and some folks don't.

What I have learned is that if you do the five star thing and the comment thing in the first 24 hours, the video might make "the big time" in the second 24 hours. If you like the idea of homesteading like stuff making the big time, then you might wanna subscribe to those that push up homesteader videos and then try to do the five star thing and comment thing in the first 24 hours.

I don't get paid for any of this, although I have shelled out $400 for a camera that has better sound. And I probably invest about five hours into each video.

Recently, all of my videos combined crossed the 100,000 views mark. That seems pretty cool to me.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:21 PM

As for trials and errors in life ... well, maybe this is the kinda feed you might like .... an article I wrote about a typical day: http://www.richsoil.com/typical/

Old 03-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul wheaton View Post
As for trials and errors in life ... well, maybe this is the kinda feed you might like .... an article I wrote about a typical day: http://www.richsoil.com/typical/

Personally speaking......

That's good too, except for one thing. If you read the rules when you joined, you are aware that members are not allowed to put their own live links in their postings.

If I want to learn about something, the last thing I want to do is trace down a lot of links. I would rather have a member discuss it here.

Paul
Old 03-11-2010, 02:26 PM

Well, now I'm not sure what to do.

I uploaded a new video about ten minutes ago which seems like something that would be of interest here. But am I violating a rule by posting that sort of thing?

It seems that I have received feedback that says that folks like me to share this stuff.

So, if I upload a new video or if I write a new article, it sounds like the rules are that I should NOT say so here. Is that what you are saying?