Write For BHM
 Privacy Policy

Retired Features
 Country Moments
 Feedback
 Links
 Radio Show

BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum
Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser.

Go Back   BHM Forum > After Sunset > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests This board is ONLY for prayer requests from folks of all faiths.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:47 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default For My Wife

About 3 years ago, my wife had cervical cancer. She had a hysterectomy and was pronounced cured. No problem since then.

For the past couple weeks she has had pain in her hip and groin area, Dr. said it was most likely an abcess/infection, and dosed her with heavy antibiotics. Follow up exams indicated that an internal mass had reduced, apparently responding to the antibiotics, but her pain continued. Now, she feels a hard internal mass that wasn't there before, and Dr. says for her to monitor it this weekend, then see a surgeon for tests Monday, or, if it increases in size, go to the Emergency room for immediate attention. Dr. is still assuming it is infection.

If so, that would likely mean surgery to drain the abcess, and days on IV antibiotics. If it is NOT an infection, then she has a worse problem that she doesn't want to think about.

Your prayers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:22 AM
Master Pontificator

Patience,

You, your lovely DW, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings, firegirl
Old 04-18-2010, 01:40 AM
Master Pontificator

Patience,

Will certainly pray for your dear wife and for you all.

O God who are the only source of health and healing, the spirit of calm and the central peace of this universe, grant to Patience' wife and their family, such a consciousness of your indwelling and surrounding presence that She may permit you to give her health and strength and peace, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Patience, I copied and pasted this prayer from Our Catholic Faith, and will pray it faithfully, for as long as it takes.

Gracie
Old 04-18-2010, 02:21 AM
Passed On

Location: I live in North Carolina.. but my heart belongs to Texas

Hey patience

It never fails to amaze me how stunningly beautiful it is when a husband comes asking for prayer for his wife.. or his children. How precious it is when wife and husband lift one another up, covering to protect and to help bring goodness to their most special Loved One. Already you are in obedience to God in doing this thing.

patience, isn't it wonderful to know that when we do have the biggest need for healing or help that God is listening, bending His ear and heart towards His little ones? He is our Abba Father and His arm is not short to reach us as when Jesus walked this earth healing and restoring in a physical body. Nothing has changed. The Father offers the same to us even now, by the blood of Jesus shed for us.. We can approach the throne of Grace and ask.. for healing.

I have seen disease come and ravage, and try to steal away my loved ones. I have seen things look so badly that only faith could keep the fire kindled to believe God's word.

Hold steadfast to your faith, and we will hold ya'll up in prayer.. even as God's word tells us...

Hebrews 12:12-13

12Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

Hopefully, your wife has something small that can be easily remedied but what does it matter? Lazarus was dead, and yet he lived.

John 11: 37-44

37And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died?
38Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.
39Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.
40Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
41Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
42And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
43And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
44And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

God alone gives life. When Christ gave life to Lazarus, He proved beyond doubt that He was God. This is the God we serve. This is who receives our prayers. This is the Author or Life and Restoration.

Peace be with You and your Wife
Ya'll will continue to be in my prayers
Be Strong
~Grizzy~

Psalm 66: 8-12
8O bless our God, ye people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard:

9Which holdeth our soul in life, and suffereth not our feet to be moved.

10For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.

11Thou broughtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins.

12Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.

To God be the Glory!

What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. - Blackfoot
Old 04-18-2010, 12:22 PM

Thanks, everyone. I'll post more as I learn it.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:30 PM

Wife had a CAT scan yesterday, which didn't show anything. The hard mass in her hip is still there, but they don't have a clue what it is yet. Surgeon is sending her to a gynecologist, and will call today to talk about it. I think they are stumped, which is a problem.

The whole thing reminds me of an dumb car mechanic who just keeps trying different things (at your expense) until he finally stumbles onto the real problem.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Master Pontificator

Patience,

If they don't decide on a confirmed diagnosis and treatment soon, would you and your wife consider either a second opinion, or going to the Mayo Clinic...just food for thought. G
Old 04-22-2010, 11:31 PM

She has already seen a family doctor, an oncologist (I think that's what you call a cancer doctor), and a surgeon. Nobody knows what the heck is going on, just that she has a sore place and a lump. Next she goes to see a gynecologist. I think they are all at a loss, since the CAT scan didn't show anything, even with some sort of IV dye they used.

Part of the problem could be MS symptoms, but there isn't any doctor around who truly understands that, either.

When she was diagnosed at a prestigious hospital in Louisville as having MS 30+ years ago, They were fatalistic about it, and only offered to "monitor" her decline! Nothing they knew would really help, anyway. She wasn't happy about that and went to Mayo back then, taking the brain scans that proved to everyone that she DID have MS.

Mayo did their own brain scans, and came up empty. Said there was nothing whatever wrong with her. Wife showed them the scans done in Louisville, whereupon the Mayo Dr. said, "THAT person has MS, YOU don't! Go home and enjoy your life."

We figured it out later. Both Doctors were correct. My wife has multiple personalities (23 + some fragments), and those personalities who HAVE MS did not make the trip to Mayo! Believe it or not, that is Gospel truth. When you mix MS with MPD, there aren't any doctors in the country that can give you any real help. They are all mystified. To add to the confusion, her body temperature is "normal" at about 96 to 97 degrees, so she can be deathly ill with an infection and show maybe 99. We tell ALL medical personel this, and they go right on with their same ole thinking--if she shows 96 deg., they say the thermometer is bad and try again, then dismiss it.

After a year of intensive personal research, we learned how to vastly improve her condition with vitamin and mineral supplements. She has been fully functional with MS, while her sister who also had MS (treated by doctors with lots of steroids) died in misery, mostly paralyzed about 10 years ago.

After all these years, most of her personalities are integrated into one, but not all of them. So, it is getting easier, but it is still enough of a problem to confound the medical profession, unless it is a very straightforward, obvious case.

I guess we need prayers for the doctors involved, too, since they are at a terrible disadvantage trying to deal with her problems.

Last edited by patience; 04-22-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:26 AM
Master Pontificator

Patience, I will include your physicians and all health care providers who offer any care to your dear wife. Gracie
Old 04-23-2010, 12:52 AM

Me too. Did last night also. Prayers sent.
sissy
Old 04-23-2010, 01:31 AM
Passed On

I'm in agreement with the those praying for ya'll.

Be Strong
~Grizzy~
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. - Blackfoot
Old 04-23-2010, 11:24 AM

I have prayed for your wife, though her condition confuses the heck out of me.

About the MS? Things have changed. They now use meds like beta-serone, and theyare working on a pill for treatment as well. For now the meds are given with shots.

I can tell you from experience that the shots do help.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:42 PM

Patience I will add you folks to my prayer list. Has anyone considered doing an Ultrasound of the mass and the area around it? Also how about an MRI? I've had all three at different times as things show up differently or sometimes don't show up at all, depending on the type of tests done.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:37 AM

Wife had the good sense to NOT go to the gynecologist that had been set up for her. Been to that one before, who hurt her badly enough in an exam to put her in shock--blood pressure fluctuating wildly. That was several years ago, but she hasn't forgotten.

Instead, she went to the surgeon who did her hyterectomy some years ago, and found that:
1) The sore lump she had was an abcess in the muscle, PLUS some scar tissue left over from having kids.
2) Infection is gone, abcess is gone, some soreness remains.
3) Soreness is left over from the abcess, plus some nerve inflammation due to MS, plus she has a really bad fungal infection from the antibiotics.

Surgeon prescribed a couple things for the fungal infection, which are helping that, and she is on the mend! (MS has some effects on the immune system, apparently, which is probably the reason she has trouble with this sort of thing.)

Bottom line is, she's better! Lots better. Thanks to all of you for your continuing prayers and good wishes. It's great when a plan comes together, huh?

Terri,
The multiple personality thing is MOSTLY mental, but also has physical manifestations. The interaction of the 2 conditions is bad news. Most MS meds cause some mental side effects, so her Dr. is loathe to prescribe anything of that sort. I'm not up on the latest MS meds, but will do some research. We have achieved some really great progress with the MPD over the years, but the fears that started it all are still back there, and can be a problem if activated.

What happened at Mayo was, the brain wave scan only shows mental activity, which her MPD can override, and show negative for MS. The MS symptoms can still be there, and the myelin problems, resulting in all the standard MS kinds of trouble, yet be undetectable by routine tests. IF she is in the right frame of mind. It has taken us over 30 years to sort this out, and we still aren't to the bottom of it.

Her father was an abuser, and an alcoholic. His 10 kids all have problems running the gamut of medical science. At the root of it all is the original abuse, emotional and physical. The manifestations vary among his children. All were in deep denial about it for many years. Most still are, and won't listen to my wife but rarely about it. One other child had MS (can be caused by trauma), one had persistent female problems along with frigidity, four have had hysterectomies for cancer or pre-cancerous conditions. One male became a cop, in his words, to bolster his self esteem. One male is homosexual. One was a child abuser like his father and a diagnosed sociopath. One girl is an alcoholic whose life is a train wreck, but her kids are fine.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. The victim-mentality and emotional problems are horrendous. My wife has worked through most of that and gone on with her life. We are convinced beyond any shadow of doubt that the original trauma was the root cause of her MS, and her sister's MS. Problems abound in this family. I have known them since 1963, most of them very well, and can see the results every time we meet. Thanks be to God, 9 of the 10 have led good, constructive lives, and have healthy children. Only the one continues the pattern, but his kids were rescued from him at a fairly young age and are doing fine now.

Well, thanks for letting me vent! I only dare to do that in a purely anonymous situation, out of deference to the people involved, whom I love and respect.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:41 AM

MyYellowRose,
By the time the CAT scan was done, the antibiotics had taken effect and the infection was under control, so other tests were moot at that point, otherwise it would have been the right thing to do! Thanks.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:35 AM
Master Pontificator

Dear Patience and also, Mrs. Patience,

That is absolutely wonderful news...am so thankful and relieved for you and your family.

Thanks Be to God.

Gracie
Old 04-27-2010, 02:44 AM

I also thank God for His healing touch, through this and before. May God bless your wife & you real good. Hugs to you both.
sissy
Old 04-27-2010, 04:20 AM
Passed On

patience, Doesn't it do your heart good to see the warmth here from these dear ones.. coming to support and pray for ya'll? It sure warms My heart. Well, God is the only one who can heal and restore our lives. I will keep praying that ya'll find your way all the way to wholeness..

Thank you for sharing this Good news!

God Bless and Keep Ya'll
Be Strong
~Grizzy~
Old 04-27-2010, 06:04 PM

Prayers sent for you and yours. That has been a tough life, but I pray it gets easier.

jim
Old 04-28-2010, 12:37 AM

jim,

It has gotten a LOT easier. Good folks around help a lot! Thanks to everyone.