BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > After Sunset > Member Websites > Video

Video Personal, informational, business, and promotional videos. You MUST have actively produced the video. NO third-party videos.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:27 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default Mcguire homestead video

Just to share with you all the video that Dawgus and his friend Tammie (finally BHM forum member) did on our place a few weeks ago. Tammie did a great job putting this all together. Thanks Tammie. This whole thing had its perks, I finally got to meet Dawgus and got the meet Tammie, enjoyed their company and I am tickled pink with the way the video turned out. This is part 1, it does pay tribute to my family and ancestors that have worked this place before me. Jason (Jason 1911) was nice enough to brave the rain and take Tammie on a tour on the 4 wheeler so they could get video footage. So enjoy the tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwOXmk_Tz4A

Have a great day!

stella
Old 05-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Passed On

Smile

Mercy, nursy. Part one is a sucess as far as I am concerned. Looking forward to parts 2 and 3.
Was that 1911 wearing the holster and pistol while talking to Tammy in the tobacco shed ?
Fine historical patch of land you've got there.
Waiting for more videos.
Jerry the naughty pines.

Last edited by Naughty_Pines; 05-30-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Inactive Member

Enjoyed that. Thank you. I look forward to the next part.

Paul
Old 06-01-2010, 03:18 AM
Master Pontificator

Smile

Wonderful video, beautiful homestead. Thank you fer sharing. Looking forward to the rest of them.

-Jen
Old 06-01-2010, 10:24 AM

Thanks for the tour! Nice job on the video and I look forward to more.

SPIKE
Old 06-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Passed On

Location: I live in North Carolina.. but my heart belongs to Texas

I think whas so lovely about this vid is not only the lay of the land, and the fact that it's been in your family handed down.. but also it's the knowing this land has been cultivated with love, dedication and caring.. having been watered with sweat.. and tears, no doubt.

What a lovely "moving picture" album for your family this is.. I can't wait to see the rest! Me wanna see you onna traktur!

~Grithy~
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. - Blackfoot
Old 06-02-2010, 03:40 AM
Master Pontificator

Sure did enjoy the video & thought it a lovely tribute to your family past and present. Looking forward to the next part. Thank you for sharing.

Gracie
Old 06-02-2010, 11:42 AM

Thank you all for viewing the video. Sometimes we dont notice what we really have till someone brings it to our attention I guess because it is so "everyday" stuff to us. Yes we do have a lot of history here. I can trace the deeds back as far as there is documentation and this lil plot of land has been owned by the same family name. With only one time the name changed but it was owned by my great grandfathers FIL. lol GUess I jus took for granted this is how everyone lived.
Griz I dont think there is any pics of me on the tractor. They dont allow me that priveledge much anymore since I cant stand up on level ground.
jerry its not often ya see hillbillies without a sidekick. lol
Paul we are waitin on one of your place.
Jen hopefully later this year ya can see it up close.
Spike I agree Dawgus and the Unusual Farm Chick did a great job with the video.
Gracie maybe the next episode will give ya a video tour of the summer kitchen so ya can get more ideas for yours.

Have a great day!

stella
Old 06-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbemt456 View Post
Paul we are waitin on one of your place.

stella
If I could, I would. lol My video camera is a Panosonic that is about 3 to 4 years old. It uses the small digital tapes and I can't figure out how to get it from the camera to the computer. lol

Paul
Old 06-02-2010, 10:15 PM

that was so well done. And Jason's commentary was very interesting. I really liked seeing the old pictures. You look like your Dad Stella. Chip off the old block.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:08 AM

Paul if ya want to send a private message to Jason1911 on here with the model and such from your camera, he said he would try to get the find the program again and send it to ya.
Thanks Rosie, that is a great compliment. He was a wonderful man.

Have a great day!

stella
Old 06-05-2010, 02:06 AM

Don't thank me, I just suggested your place. If you remember stella, I was sitting at your table eating and drinking coffee like it was my job while they were off filming. I'm just part time cameraman, navigator, and cause of many bloopers. I just enjoyed the trip and the company. (and of course the FOOD!!!) Check out Tammie's other video's on YouTube too.
She's doing an amazing job with them and slowly getting sponsers. Unfortunately all of them are only donating products and no funds at all to help with gas costs for traveling to anymore like this one. This is just a fun hobby for her; she doesn't make a dime from these videos. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for that one, please let her or I know. For now she's keeping them to within an hour from home, but I'd love to see her get sponsers somehow to help cover fuel costs for others.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Master Pontificator

Default Very Cool!

Stella--I love that! I would have loved to have lived in a place that generations had owned. I always eye the land on the sides of us and wonder if someday we could buy it 'for the kids'.

What you have is so precious!
Old 06-07-2010, 05:19 PM

Oh my goodness what a wonderful thing! I loved it! I look forward to the next few parts.
Wouldn't stuff like this make for great TV? I mean someone like Dawgus and Tammie could tour farms and homesteads. I could see it on the History channel for sure!
Stella, you are very blessed.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Passed On

Thumbs up

Nursy,
Part 2 is great. You have a great summer kitchen there. The under ground cellar seems like it will work out very good for you. Tammie does great work documenting your 100 acres.
Look forward to more episodes of the McGuire Homestead.
Jerry
Old 06-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Passed On

Location: I live in North Carolina.. but my heart belongs to Texas

Stelly what a beautiful job she did on this part II vid. I truly enjoyed it. You're soooo blessed..

~Grithy~
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. - Blackfoot